29: Mariah Wilson

The next day

Sin
10:30 am

"Jackson meet Mariah Wilson. Your defence lawyer" the guard who brought me in here introduced her.

She was a tall female, brown skin, slim; she not bad on da eyes.

I stood up shaking her hands, took her by surprise my mannerisms.
I sat back down, leaning back waiting on her to do the same. She took a seat, dropping her briefcase to the floor.
Her elbows on the table, she intervened her hands together.

She looked at me amused.
"You did it" she blurted out.
I raised an eyebrow.
"Naw ion think I did...ma'am"
She nodded slowly, tryna read ma ass,
you ain gon be successful in dat field ma
"Well I'm here to prove you didn't....even if you did" she eyes me as she opens up her brief case.
"Weirdly they haven't asked you for your alibi. Where can we say you was during the mornings of March 19th" she asked me. I shrugged ma shoulders. Going down fa this don't bother me cah ion regret murkin that nigga.

"You sure you need my help? That attitude don't seem like it" she snapped.
"The thing is ion know if you can help me miss" I said truthfully. I lead forward, getting in the same position as she. "They found ma prints all up in that bitch. How you gone defend dat?" I asked analysing her features.

"So they now know you did it-
"You could assume dat" I chuckled, they taping this shit, I can't confess to none.
She rolled her eyes, I hinted with ma eyes to the camera in da corner, she now understood.
"Well I guess it's now a job of trying to convince the honour and the jury to not give you a maximum sentence"
I nodded, listening.
"And a way we could do that is by invalidating our witness's account"
Wont be needed cus Slim workin on takin her out but ima listen anyways
"Luckily for us our witness is a woman of old age. She claims to have seen you but did she really. I mean she was like thirty feet away and she had just woken up; could her sight be faulted?" She smirked, flipping through some files.
She pulls out a letter, placing it in front of me.

"This is the hearing for your trial to commence in three weeks. We have until then to build up strong arguments to whatever they have on you. In this letter it states they'll be coming forward to the press tomorrow to reveal a trial will take action. April 14th is the day your trial starts" she says as I scan the sheet in front of me. "You will remain in custody, so I'll be visiting you four times a week to craft our defence" I nodded still listening.

Slim better work fast

24 hours later
Alana

*ringtone*
"Hello" I tiredly slurred out into the phone. I roll over to look at the time, it was nine in the morning! I didn't get into bed until at least three in the morning, I was up all day and night with Martin going over my testimony.
"Lans turn on the tv right now!!" Micaela said urgently as hell into the phone.
"Really Cae its nine am-
"Alana they talking bout y'all going on trial in three weeks! Get yo ass up and go look!"
I hopped onto my feet, turning on the television in my room at my mom's.

*BREAKING NEWS*
'It has just been declared that the murder of Rio Miller will see trial. Commencing in just three weeks. 14th of April is the date confirmed. The two suspects involved in the murder are expected to be present to defend themselves against the law. Alana Smith, the victim's partner has been released from custody, however it has been revealed her and the suspected murderer to have known each other prior to the incident. Sources say they share quite a past. The remaining details of the case have yet to be provided to us, it is until trial begins that we'll get those answers. I am Bridgette Fuller.....'