21

morning, 10:33 am

Alana Zoie-Camille Smith

"What you mean Sincere got taken down town, what the fuck that mean Slim?? You ain do nun you prevent that shit from happening?? I raised my voice at him on the call.

I ain't mean to take my anger out on slim like that but somebody was gone get it either way

"Calm the fuck down Lana, I told yo ass it's was all him, I told that nigga not to get out da car and he did it anyways. The cop put him in the back and took him to Roosevelt Police station, down town Lana, thats what it fuckin means" Slim said frustratedly back at me. I ran my fingers through my hair before inhaling the blunt I found in one of Sincere's draws.

"I'm sorry Slim, this whole situation stressing me the fuck out, I ain't mean to distribute that on you" I sighed. "Ain sweatin lil bit, but hear dis, we got an insider tellin us how they holding him in for a police lineup, we ain know the charges he gone get fa shooting at dat cop yet doe" I bit my lip, God Sincere.

"Look I'll let you know if we hear anything else, M wan talk to you" he said before Micaela's voice was heard in the call. "Lans?" I hummed in response, feeling hot tears warm my face.
"Want extra company?" Cae offered.
I took another hit, slowly releasing the smoke, "I'm good for now Cae, thanks tho" I said lowly.
"Okay...let me know if you change your mind alright?" I hummed, "Alright I'll check on you later Lans" I hummed again before ending the call.

I got up from the same spot Sincere left me at. I made my way out the room and into the kitchen the first time this morning. With the blunt still between my fingers, I manage to pour myself a glass of orange juice, I downed it one go before my phone went off again. I placed the glass down on the marble countertop before retrieving my phone.

No caller ID?

"Hello?" I answered. "Hello, am I speaking to Alana Smith?" I scrunched up my face, "This is she" I answered back. "And you are resident at 44th Garant Street, Kingwsood Close? Am I correct?" The female voice said.
"Yes that is my address. What's this for?"
"Ma'am you are currently speaking to Officer Theresa Sanchez. We're you informed that your home was burned down on the 19th of March at 8:15, yesterday morning?"

"Um—No officer" I replied as my eyes widened.
"Sorry to be the one to inform you of this Ms Smith, but your partner, Rio Miller's body was found. He did not survive the fire. We are now treating this as a murder investigation, would you be willing to be picked up by a member of my team and brought in for questioning?" She asked, my mouth went dry not knowing what to say.
"Ms Smith you still there?" She called out after my seconds of silence.

"Um yes" I responded. "Would you agree to come in to state your alibi Ms Smith?" She repeated.
I nodded my head, soon realising that she can't see me, "yes..Yes. Just give me an hour or two before your arrival please" I whispered out.
"That's perfectly fine, may you provide me with the address your currently at?"
I swallowed, she can't know I'm here, it'll connect the dots back to Sincere.
"I'm at my moms house. Her address is 34th Crescent street, Albany Avenue"
"Thank you for cooperating Ms Smith. See you soon" and with that she ended the call.

TBC