01

I don't speak as I exit my parent's car. We haven't spoken to each other since the accident. They may sound like bad parents but I don't blame them for hating me. I hate myself.

As I shut the car door I stare at the tan brick building in front of me. There's a long staircase leading up to double doors which I assume is the entrance. I don't know much about this place, just that it's a way for my parents to get me away from them.

I steady my breathing as my nails dig into my palms before I begin walking. There are other kids my age outside saying goodbye to their parents. I keep my head down as my long straight brown hair covers my face. I'm already a senior so after this year I'll never have to see this place again.

I already hate it and I haven't even stepped inside.

Although this is a boarding school, most of the kids here start in freshman year and stay until senior year- only going home for holidays and summer break. I however was starting the latest anyone could start and I have no plans on being characterized as the new girl.

My blue jean covered legs begin walking up the staircase as I roll my black suitcase behind me. Technically it's my mom's black suitcase but she didn't say no to me stealing it. She didn't say anything.

When I get to the top of the staircase, I go to open the doors as I'm smacked in the face with them instead. I fall back onto my ass and rub my cheek before looking up at who just knocked me over.

A tall boy with blonde hair and blue eyes, wearing a red letterman jacket, reaches his hand out to bring me to my feet. His face is a pink tint and I can tell he's embarrassed.

"I'm so sorry!", he exclaims grabbing my suitcase for me.

"No worries.", I respond blandly not really wanting to make conversation.

I go to grab my suitcase from his hands but he insists on carrying it for me.

"So where to?", he questions as we walk into the building.

"I don't really know actually.", I state honestly.

He has a confused look plastered on his face.

"It's my first day.", I tell him.

Well, there goes not being the new girl.

"I wasn't sure since parents usually walk there kids to the office on the first day.", he says. "I knew I'd recognize a pretty face like that."

"What?", I furrow my brows at his compliment.

"Nothing.", he shakes his head before leading me down a hall. "The enrollment office is this way."

I follow him to a white door labeled Mrs.Hendrix, School Administrator. The blonde boy knocks on the door a few times before it opens. A ginger haired woman with red circular glasses on and a white pantsuit stands in the doorway.

"Parker.", the woman smiles. "To what do I owe this pleasure?"

"This is..", he gestures towards me. "wait I actually don't know her name."

"I'm Claira.", I tell the woman. "Claira Saunders."

"Ahh yes!", she nods. "You're the new senior, do come in."

I grab my bag from Parker before walking into the office. He smiles at me as he walks away and I sit down across from the administrator. She grabs a file from her desk which I assume contains everything my parents told her about me.

"You really have had it rough Claira.", she says grabbing my hand which makes me twitch a bit. "Don't think of this school as a prison, think of it as an opportunity to grow into a better person."

I give her a half-assed smile before pulling my hand away from her. She taps her desk for a minute, thinking about something before talking again.

"Did you read a pamphlet on our school? Or visit the school website before arriving?", she questions.

"I haven't had access to my cellphone until my parents gave it back to me this morning.", I reply honestly. "All I really know is this is a boarding school."

"Well yes it is.", she sighs before continuing. "But the way we teach discipline here at Acadia may be a bit- unconventional."

What does she mean by that?

A knock on the door interrupts my thoughts as two very attractive guys walk in. One is wearing a white suit, his brown hair is covering his face slightly, but I can tell he's smiling. The other is wearing black jeans and a black shirt with a leather jacket on, his black curls stop above his shoulders, he has a blank expression on his face.

"Boys! You're here just in time.", the woman smiles widely. "I'd like you to meet Claira- she's your new submissive."