21

After my ass cools off, Stiles lets me put back on my clothes. He said I could go back to my room since my punishment was over. I was on my way out but then I realized he could help me with something.

"Um... master?", I begin speaking.

"Hm?", he hums.

"Did Melanie tell you anything about what happened at the party?". I question.

"Bits and pieces.", he states.

"What did she say?", I ask.

"That you were trying to kiss her boyfriend, but he didn't want to.", he tells me.

What? That lying son of a—

"Do you believe that?", I lower my head.

"Does it matter?", he questions.

Yes.

"No.", I lie but I'm positive he can see right through me because he answers anyway.

"Well, Parker told me the same thing at the party...", he responds. "So, no. I don't."

"Is that why you beat him up?", I furrow my brows.

"Part of it.", he starts but our conversation is cut off by the sound of Elijah opening the front door. "I better go help him put away the groceries."

"Right.", I nod moving out of the way.

I head into my room to change into something more comfortable before we watch a movie. I open my suitcase, pulling out a pair of gray sweatpants and a black cami. After I get dressed, I decide that I should finally unpack. It takes a while, but I manage to put all of my clothes in my closet and dresser and the rest of my miscellaneous items on top of it.

"Claira!", Elijah calls me and I walk out of my room and into the main area. "What movie do you want to watch?"

"Anything is fine, really.", I shrug.

He nods as he sits on the couch turning his attention to the television, clicking through movies with the remote in his hand. I turn my head at the sound of a click, the noise is coming from the kitchen in which Stiles is cooking. Whatever he is making smells delicious, I walk a bit closer trying to see what it is.

"No peeking.", he states not even taking his eyes off the food and I roll my eyes backing away. "No rolling your eyes either."

"Sorry sir.", I huff before making my way over to sit next to Elijah on the couch. "So what are we watching?"

"I've decided on The Breakfast Club.", he says.

"One of my favorites.", I smile.

"Then you have very good taste.", he replies and we wait for Stiles to finish making dinner before playing the movie.

Once dinner is done, Stiles brings over our plates and I finally get to see what he cooked. He made rib eye steak and sautéed vegetables. I just stare in awe at my plate, taking in the smell of this wonderful food as Elijah plays the movie.

Thank you God for blessing me with hot guys who can cook, amen.

The night went by quickly and before I knew it I was laying in my bed. I stare up at the ceiling just thinking about how in such a short time span I've already began to warm up to them. Elijah is nice to me, and in return I open up to him. Stiles is hard to read, I haven't quite figured him out yet. What I do know is, he believes actions speak louder than words— so I'll have to be very careful about my actions.

The next day I give myself a bit of extra sleeping time and decide to just wear something basic. I throw on a pair of skinny blue jeans and a plain black tee. I eat breakfast with the guys, walk out with them, and go to class, the normal routine. The first half of the school day goes by quickly, probably because I wasn't paying attention to any of the work, and before I know it— it's lunch time.

At lunch, I get some fries since I'm not really hungry and I know I'll eat when I get back to the dorm anyway. I sit by myself since Melanie is still mad at me, but from my table in the cafeteria I have a clear view of her. She's sitting next to Parker at a table with all of his jock friends. There's a small scar on her cheek that wasn't there before. She has a lot of food on her tray, but she isn't eating any of it.

Maybe she's just not that hungry.

After lunch, the rest of the day goes by pretty smoothly. I had world history, art, chemistry, and gym. In art class we worked on drawing a realistic photo from memory, so I sketched a picture of Sage. She looked innocent, with her ugly clear round glasses, curly red hair, and face full of freckles. In the photo I drew her smiling, since in my head she doesn't do much of that anymore.

She looks so different here.

After school I go to the dorm and get there before the guys. I make my way into my room and decide to start reading The Great Gatsby for English class. I read the first page, then the next, then the entire first chapter, and another, and another. I read until the sun goes down, then I take a break to turn on my light. I read until my eyes hurt, and it still isn't enough.

"You see I usually find myself among strangers because I drift here and there trying to forget the sad things that happened to me."

~ The Great Gatsby; Chapter four, page sixty six.

A/N: Sorry this update took so long! I don't know why but it was so hard writing this week. I did have a lot of essays to do so it probably gave me writers block. Anyway, I'm going to try to update again very soon. I really like how this book is coming together so far! I know a lot of you are only here for the smut and I promise there will be a lot of it!! But in all my other stories I really just jump straight into it and I want this one to have a good foundation so I'm planning it all carefully! What's your favorite chapter so far? I'm replying to comments xx