41

A/N: Buckle up...

Warning (TW): Mentions of Sexual Assault, Suicidal Thoughts, and Self Harm

They know. They know. They fucking know. They fucking know and it's all my fault. I didn't mean to— I swear it wasn't on purpose. He cried. He actually cried in front of me. He's hurt. How could I blame him? I made him hurt. I did this. I fucking did this.

And poor Elijah, he plastered on a smile and pretended everything was okay. But I could see it in his eyes, he was in pain too. How could I do this to them? How dare I do this to them. Maybe all the girls on the cheer team were right, I'll never be anything more than a worthless fucking slut and I should just fucking d..

"Katie.", Lila says snapping Katie out of her thoughts as she quickly scribbles over the writing she made in her journal. "It's time for lunch."

"Okay.", Katie hums shutting her book and making her way to the cafeteria with Lila.

Once the two reached the lunchroom, they spotted their ex-friends at their normal table. Anna and Melanie. Melanie was comforting Anna as she cried about the situation. Lila and Katie would usually sit with them, but that wasn't an option now.

Katie was the last person Anna would want to see, and the second Lila chose sides she was just as bad. Katie can't blame Anna for being mad at her, after all, it was Katie who came on to her dominant, right?

Katie, her best friend since elementary school. Katie, the girl who told her about Acadia in the first place. Katie, who would sacrifice her life for Anna in a heartbeat. Katie, the purest heart. Katie, the kindest soul. Katie, who slept with Anna's boyfriend Liam. Katie, the bitch. Katie, the slut. Katie, the whore. Katie, who wouldn't dare look Anna in the eye as she passed her normal table and sat at an empty one with Lila.

"They can have that raggedy ass table.", Lila scoffed as she put her belongings down.

"Mhm.", Katie hummed as she fiddled with her fingers.

"I'm going to go get some chicken tenders, you want?", Lila questioned standing back up.

"I'm okay.", Katie replied quietly.

"I'm going to get you some anyway.", Lila stated. "Be right back."

Katie sat at the empty table, digging her finger nails into her palm, feeling slightly more alone. She always felt lonely, but whenever Lila wasn't around she was truly alone. It was her fault, though. No one else's. Not Liam's fault. Her fault. She did this. She hurt everyone. She doesn't get to be sad. She doesn't get to be hurt when it was her own doing. She wanted it, didn't she? At least, that's what Liam said when bragging in the locker room to all of the guys after gym class last week. And Katie didn't even attempt to correct the rumors. Why would anyone believe her after her track record?

Everyone knows she came to Acadia because her parents caught her sleeping around. Maybe that's why she dyed her hair pink with the help of Lila and some box dye. Maybe that's why she only wears fishnets and platform boots now. Maybe that's why her dresses no longer reach past her knees. Why should she present herself as anything more than what people already perceive her as? And before she knew it she was in the hallway crying, and wishing Lila would hurry up and notice that she was gone.

"Are you alright?", Katie heard a male voice ask but decided not to respond. "What's your name?"

She simply shrugged, trying to ignore whoever it was.

"You don't know your name?", he furrowed his brows and she looked up at him, trying not to crack a smile because maybe that was slightly funny and she didn't deserve to laugh.

"It's Katie.", she stated.

"What's wrong, Katie?", he questioned as he sat against the wall next to her.

"I did a bad thing... and everyone knows now and no one will ever forgive me for it.", she answered vaguely.

"Do you want to talk about it?", he asked.

"No.", she shook her head. "No, I just want to sit here."

"Okay.", he nodded.

"Don't you have something better to do than watch me be upset?", she sighed.

"Not really.", he shrugged.

"Who are you even?", she raised a brow.

"Jack."

A/N: Sorry this chapter is so short but at least it's something! Work has had me drained but I'm about to go on a vacation for a week so maybe in my down time I'll try to get a few more chapters edited. I'm going to go more in depth to how everything connects later on in the story. I didn't want Katie to be one dimensional so I hope you all don't just view her as 'the evil ex submissive' anymore. Anywayssss, I'm going to do something with my boyfriend, love you xx