60

Elijah carried me bridal style to the bathtub. Stiles had already filled it to the brim with warm water and bubble bath. The heat felt great on my body, I closed my eyes as a wave of relaxation rushed over me.

...

After the bath, I dried off and headed to my room to change into something comfortable. I changed into a baby pink cropped camisole and a pair of matching sweatpants since the temperature in the dorm was a bit chillier.

My phone buzzed and it picked it up from my bed, it was a text from Melanie.

Mel <3: Wen't out with Lila, you guys were being wayyyyyyy too loud.

My face instantly turned bright red, I forgot she was here.

SORRY!

Mel <3: It is what it is. Lila and I are having a sleepover tonight so I won't be back to the dorm until tomorrow.

Want me to tell Stiles?

Mel <3: Please do while he's in a good mood!

Alright, have fun.

I put my phone onto my dresser, took the new medicine Elijah gave me over break, and headed into the living room.

Stiles already had the Game Show Network playing on the tv. He was sitting on the couch and staring intently at the people who were playing America Says. He didn't even notice me until I was standing right in front of him.

"Where's Elijah?", I ask as he looks up at me.

"Went to put the sheets in the laundry.", he states before grabbing my hips and pulling me onto his lap.

His arms stay wrapped around me and I lay slightly on his chest while looking up at the tv.

"It seems as though you both do so much housework around here, you with your cooking, Elijah with his cleaning, what's left for me to do?", I question.

"Just be here.", he replies.

"Be here?", I look at him confused.

"Yeah, here, like this, with us.", he responds before kissing my neck gently.

"Well what if we weren't here?", I ask genuinely.

Even though the tv is still on, a silence suddenly fills the air.

"What do you mean?", he furrows his brows.

I sit up.

"I just mean...", I begin. "Would you still want me, like this, even after we aren't here? Even outside of Acadia's rules?"

"Claira.", he looks at me like I'm stupid. "I took you to meet my parents."

"Yes but..", I start.

"There is no but.", he states. "I want you. It doesn't matter where we are."

"Oh.", I whisper looking down. "Sorry, I'm still not used to you being this open with me."

Silence.

Silence.

Silence.

"Do you?", he questions.

"Do I?", I mutter confused.

"Do you want me? Do you want us?", he asks before interlocking our fingers. "Do you want this?"

"Elijah asked me the same thing.", I reply.

"He did? When?", Stiles looks concerned.

"At your parent's house over break, we were in the kitchen playing a game.. that involved strawberries..", I trail off. "..and he asked me if I wanted the two of you to still be my dominants after we all graduate."

"What did you say?", his hands are more firmly on my hips now, like he doesn't want me to move, like he's scared I'm going to leave.

"I didn't say anything.", I answer honestly. "I didn't give him an answer."

"Will you give me an answer?", he tilts his head slightly.

"Of course I want you both to stay with me after we graduate.", I say and he smiles. "But.. I don't know if it'll work out."

"Why wouldn't it work out?", he seems genuinely confused.

"Well it's just that you'll probably get into some fancy rich college, Elijah will probably go to law school, and I may not go to college at all.. not unless I get a bunch of scholarships. So why bother?", I shrug.

"I'll tell you why.", he pushes a strand of hair from in front of my face. "The average human life span only lasts 28,835 days, do you think that's enough time to waste even a day regretting your decisions?"

I stare in awe of his words.

A month ago he would have rolled his eyes at a sentence like that.

"When did you get so wise?", I push him jokingly.

"Carpe diem, baby.", he brings his hands up from my waist and places them onto the the sides of my neck, letting his thumbs rest on my cheeks before kissing me. "Carpe diem."

We stop kissing but our faces stay close.

Silence.

Silence.

Silence.

I hear the door open and my instant reflex is to pull away from him.

Elijah walks into the living room, now wearing pajamas.

"Are we watching America Says?", he questions as he stares at the tv.

He hops onto the couch, sitting next to Stiles and then sliding my body so I'm sitting on both of their laps.

"So..", he smiles. "What did I miss?"

A/N: I bet y'all are in utter shock that there's another update so soon. I just needed an escape to something familiar today. I think I can finally get back into a schedule for updating, but I need to figure out what it's going to be.