70

A/N: LOTS OF DOMINANCE IN THIS CHAPTER!

"Elijah! We'll be back!", Stiles yells across the hall towards Elijah's room as we head down the stairs.

He's holding onto my hand as we get into his car. Since Elijah isn't coming to the grocery store with us I get to sit in the passenger seat. The last time I sat in this seat was when Stiles picked me up from that bar Lila took me to. That night wasn't the best, but my heart fluttered when he gave me his hoodie.

"What do we need to get again?", I ask as he starts the car up and we both buckle our seat belts.

He has on black jeans and a black shirt, but he's also wearing color for once, he has on Elijah's red flannel. His curls are covering the collar of it.

"Laura just needs some more sides for tonight's dinner, she didn't know we were all coming over.", he states while staring at the road with extreme focus and keeping his left hand firmly placed on the wheel, his right hand rests on my thigh. "She probably expected Elijah, me, and Melanie max."

"Oh, alright.", I nod. "Do we have a list?"

"Yea Elijah texted it to me.", he replies.

"Why didn't he just come along?", I question curiously especially since it is his mothers dinner.

"Laura needed help in the kitchen.", he responds before making a smooth turn, his hand still resting on my thigh. "He knew he'd probably give the most help out of all of her children."

"He's.. not wrong.", I say as I giggle a bit to myself as I think of his brothers attempting to help.

Before I know it, Stiles is parking and we're at the grocery store. For Christmas eve, the parking lot sure is empty.

"We'll be in and out.", he states as we shut the car doors.

I walk around to his side of the car and he holds my hand before the two of us walk in. He grabs a basket, knowing we won't have enough items to need a cart.

"I'll get the rice.", he tells me. "Can you run into the produce aisle and get some squash?"

"Yeah sure!", I nod wanting to be helpful.

"Okay, we'll meet at the bakery, Elijah asked me to buy a backup pie, apparently Lewis is in charge of baking the pie and no one trusts him.", Stiles says and I laugh a bit.

I make my way into the produce aisle, it's in it's own section of the store so it isn't hard to find. There are a bunch of refrigerated fruits and vegetables sitting on shelves.

I begin looking for the squash when I realize that I actually have no idea what it looks like before it's cut up. I decide to check my phone because that's the logical thing that one would do in this situation, but the battery is dead since I never got a chance to plug it in last night.

How the fuck am I going to find it now?

As if he could hear my thoughts, a store clerk in a red uniform shirt walks up to me. He has a name tag with the store name on it, underneath the logo it reads: Michael.

"Do you need help with anything today, miss?", he questions.

He has short cut blonde hair and hazel eyes, he has a bit of stubble so I can tell he's definitely older than me, but his hairline hasn't begun receding yet so I doubt he's past his twenties.

"Yes, um Michael, I do need help I was trying to find squash but I actually don't know what it looks like.", I admit embarrassed.

"You don't know what squash looks like?", he repeats as he laughs a bit.