24

A/N: Okay here is Stiles' POV, as I said before I won't switch POV's often like I did in Brat, since this book is about Claira's experience! But I still want to get a few questions answered without revealing too much..

I sat in class next to Elijah as our physics teacher, Mr.Locke, was going over the Lamberts Cosine Law. I look across to the other side of the room where Parker and his busted up face are sitting. I usually don't fight, I used to during my freshman year but after I met Elijah I've kept my cool.

When my sister told me what happened that night at the party, I didn't believe Claira would do something like that to her. I went to confront Parker about the situation and try to discover what actually happened. He was in a bedroom but there was no trace of Claira around.

"You were trying to cheat on my sister?", I question walking up to him.

"What? No!", he states. "Claira came on to me."

"Sure she did.", I respond sarcastically.

"I'm telling you man, you need to control your submissive.", he says smugly. "She's been begging for it since her first day here."

That was all it took for me to snap, the next thing I know I'm using him as a punching bag. Elijah didn't even bother pulling me off of Parker because we both knew that he deserved it. Claira may be annoying, bratty, and definitely stupid at times— but she's not the type to come on to her best friends boyfriend.

I know that type all too well.

The bell rings and our last class of the day is dismissed. Elijah and I walk to the gym, where Claira is leaving P.E. and meets us at the metal doors. We all walk back to the dorm and I unlock the front door, letting us all inside.

Elijah shuts the front door and locks it and I make my way into the kitchen to start on dinner. I look through the many groceries Elijah bought on Tuesday. I decide on shrimp alfredo and begin taking out the ingredients.

"Need any help?", Elijah asks me as Claira goes into her room, closing the door.

"This isn't that complicated.", I tell him. "You can wash the dishes after dinner though."

"Alright.", he nods. "So when are you going to tell her?"

"Tell her what?", I play dumb.

"That you bought that computer for her.", he clarifies.

"I'm not.", I state as I turn on the stove.

"Why?", he questions.

"Because.", I reply as I fill a pot with water.

"Because what?", he pushes further.

"Because I don't want her to think this means I like her now or something, alright?", I respond as I place the pot on the stove.

"Doesn't it?", he raises a brow.

"No.", I immediately answer.

"Then why did you buy it?", he asks.

"Because she needed a computer.", I shrug.