14

(TW) Warning: This Chapter Mentions Bl**d and Serious Mental Health Issues

If you have any of these symptoms please do not use this chapter as a diagnosis I suggest searching for real help since I am in no way a doctor.

Instead of pestering me to get me to come out of my room, the guys went to their next class. Which I was slightly grateful for, I just needed a bit of time to process this entire thing. I need them to understand that all of this is new to me. I'm not used to anyone caring about me, not that Stiles cares much. But Elijah does and it just makes me feel all weird.

I stay seated in front of my bedroom door on the cold hardwood floor. I didn't mean to overreact the way that I did— I just push people away sometimes. It's never consciously and I don't realize what I'm doing until after I've already done it. Something about being by myself makes me comfortable, but it also hurts. I can't explain it.

Being alone in my room gave me nothing but time to think about the accident. I try to distract myself with anything else but there are times when it's all that occupies my mind. Times when I can't escape it. I didn't mean for anyone to get hurt I was just fooling around. I was just acting the same way I always did.

"Please Claira!", Sage whines. "What will it take to let me be your friend!"

I've been walking through the town square for a while and she's followed behind me the entire time. For the past year she's been asking me over and over again to be my friend. I don't do 'friends' but she's so incredibly desperate— I might as well get some fun out of this.

"Okay fine!", I huff turning around to face her. "If you steal a candy bar from that store I'll consider being your friend or whatever."

She looks over at the store across the street that I'm gesturing towards. It has an open sign on a clear door and looks like your average convenience store. I know she'd never steal anything she's too much of a goody two shoes. But if she does, I'll get a free candy bar. Win-win for me either way.

To my surprise she doesn't hesitate to walk across the street and into the store. I watch her through the clear glass. She moves around the store as if she's looking for something, trying not to draw any attention to herself. Eventually, she picks up a random candy bar when the cashier is busy with another customer. She places the candy bar in her back jean pocket.

Before she could make her way out of the store two men dressed in all black walk in. They have bandanas on and their hands are on their waistbands. They began yelling so loud that I could hear it across the street. Then suddenly guns were being pulled out and hands were thrown up. Everything else is a blur.

Blood. A lot of blood.

Screams. Loud. High-pitched. Screams.

Running. Faster than I ever have.

My legs were moving before I could even process what was happening.

Is Sage okay? I'm sure she's fine.

Yeah, she's fine.

She'll be back to annoying me tomorrow.

I should go check on her just to make sure, right?

No. It's not safe back there.

She'll be okay.

She'll be okay.

She'll be okay.

"Claira!", my name is called and I'm pulled back to reality.

I look around and realize I'm no longer on my bedroom floor but instead sitting on my window cill with my feet hanging out. Below me is about a fifteen feet drop to a sidewalk. I turn around to see Elijah with a worried look on his face and Stiles who looks a bit annoyed. I quickly get my entire body back inside of my room.