Abraham and Heart

I never wanted to hear any comments about me, good neither bad. I just don't want to be the center of attention. I hate to be adored by everyone, because I feel more pressured everytime. But why does it feels so good to hear her giving me compliments?

"Ang swerte mo nu? You're handsome, you're smart, you're rich... you are perfect!" She exclaimed.

I just stared at her, she looks so happy with her sweet smile, her pearly white teeth are showing, her eyes are even shinning-- beaming with so much happiness and adoration. What she said is what I hear everytime, from different places, time and people. And I wonder why do I feel glad that she said that right now.

It feels different and... weird.

Walang espeyal sa sinabi niya. Kung tutuusin normal lang para sa akin ang purihin. So feeling this ecstatic because of someone's compliment makes me uncomfortable. This is not good, I can tell.

I am certain that I am attracted with Eureka, that girl is very special to me. She's beautiful, kind and sweet. But this girl named Heart is... something that I can't just call Beautiful, Kind, and sweet, because she's more than that.

Una ko siyang napansin nung unang araw ko sa ekwela bilang isang senior highschool student. The Cerera is involve with that situation, that Stacey Cerera caused a scene. I know them. We are enemies, but we don't let the public know, that's one of the rules.

Tahimik lang ako, maging ang mga pinsan at kapatid ko habang pinapanood ang mga nangyayari sa harapan namin. We usually ignore this kind of trouble, but in some reason, all of us didn't.

Hindi ako mahilig makialam sa iba, I have my own life they have their's, kaya bakit ako mangingialam? Kaya labis akong nagtaka sa sarili ko nang magsalita ako bago pa man mabuhatan ng kamay ni Chan ang babae.

My cousins and brother seems to be surprised with my sudden involvement but they didn't asked me why I did that, except for Muse. She's making it a big deal, and she will tease me every time she'll get.

And I am not annoyed, I just pretended to be one, maybe because I love my sister too much that's why? Pero bakit nga ba hindi ako naiinis?

"Hi, Abraham! Good morning." One of my female classmate greeted me, magkatabi lang kasi ang row ng aming mga upuan. I don't know her name.

I sigh, she just blocked my view of her, kaya naman tinanguan ko nalang ito para umalis na siya sa harapan ko. I gritted my teeth when I didn't see her there anymore, wala na siya sa hamba ng pinto at ang kaklase ko namang si Laxus ay nasa kaniyang upuan na.

Tomorrow then, I'll see her tomorrow again. I don't actually pay attention to girls, I just don't have that kind of interest I guess? Hindi naman ako si Braxten.

But she's not just a girl. I know, I am not oblivious to what this changes in me means, and I don't mind at all. Eureka is off limits, she will never be mine, so might as well find someone as her replacement.

I hate morning, I hate waking up early, but because I know what time she usually went in our classroom, I forced myself to move. Baka kasi di ko siya maabutan. But slowly, it became my habit-- waking up early and waiting for her appearance in front of our classroom's door, it's the highlight of my day.

"Swerte ni Laxus nu? Ang ganda ng jowa, pre."

"Grade eight palang ata iyon, ah? Hayup."

"Basta basket player, matinik sa chiks."

"Tingnan mo may regalo na naman iyong babae para sa kaniya."