The girl with a Kitsune mask

italics= memory

"Come now, it is beautiful under the stars"

"Lilia, Its late, let me go back to bed" the younger sibling led you out into the cold night, a cheery smile spread across her cheeks. "See it's so pretty!" the girls soft voice echoed out into the night.

"you have plenty of energy so late?" she stopped and stared at the sky as her bangs shielded her eyes from your view. "i had a dream" she began, drawing your attention to her words "y'know how my dreams always come true?"

"mhm" you sat beside her, "yes, i presume it wasn't good?" she nodded, "It's really bad..in my dream, i was killed" she did not look your way in fear of the emotions that were on your face.

"Killed!?" she nodded "something told me it was years from now, because you looked a lot older in my dream.." your sister was young, 13, young enough to fear death but old enough to understand it.

"in the future..? in the future I'll know how to protect you! i won't let you be killed!"

this was over ten years ago..

==========

"good morning, m'lady"

you turned to face a diplomat, his mask hiding his eyes, "Morning" you said swiftly and blankly. Every member of the Fatui were equipped with masks, some were more unique then most and for example, you were known for your mask.

Black and white with narrow eyes, allowing you to peer out at whatever you needed to see without your own face being seen. All that was visible was the lower half of your face, most just your mouth.

"Is there anything of importance i need to do today" You were not a harbinger, but were treated with similar respect as one. As someone who frequently served almost all the harbingers at a constant, you had no fear of death or of the fatui itself.

"Oh, ah her majesty the Tsaritsa wishes to speak with you" he bowed his head as you stared at him through the eyes of the kitsune mask. "So be it, i won't need an escort so go find the harbinger you serve and let me be"

He seemed to shiver at the harsh words that left your mouth but none-the-less did as he was told.

you watched him go, face void of any expression as you stepped out into the cold city of cryo.

you personally didn't mind the cold, in fact you enjoyed the snowy weather.  But of course the human body had limits, your outfit was warm and didn't restrict you too much.

You wore it often since it was comfortable and kept the cold winds at bay

=======

Zapolyarny palace was a cold place, very fitting for the goddess of cryo. the place was very intricate almost like a maze yet with experience you could navigate with ease.

 upon arriving to the throne room the two fatui guards that stood in your way allowed you through, opening the doors to a large open room with fatui agents dotting the area.

"You wished to see me?" the queens gaze stared for a moment, "Remove your mask" she said, her tone as cold and commanding as ever.

many member of the fatui liked their privacy, some more then most, you were among the latter. not a soul that saw your face lived to spread the word, no one besides the queen herself, but it was out of respect that you removed your mask without a fuss.

She liked that, among the many harbingers or many underlings she had, she put an amount of respect and trust in you with the belief you could accomplish many things that her strongest can't.

anyway, back on topic, after removing your mask and attaching it to the chain on your chest, the queen spoke. "I will be moving you from Dottore's branch, to Balladeer's" many spoke of the two faced 6th harbinger.

Not many lived, but hey.

"Understood" was all you said, "And after you finish under him, i want to make you a proper harbinger" you shook your head, "No, i fear i will lose myself if i take that offer" although the queen did not understand why you didn't want power, she nodded.

"Fine, then you will continue under balladeer until another needs you, Understood?"

and with a nod, you left the huge throne room.

=============

Alright, that's that this story will be a lot slower paste with plot so, if you are a little confused in future chapters, then don't worry. your supposed to be.