Emotion overboard

After you received the bag of makeup supposedly from Signora you decided to try it out and show it off to your boss. He has been rather quiet so far, hasn't left his office at all so you assumed he's been busy with paperwork from the last mission and swamped with reports from people under him.

So why not go bother him? After all everyone needed a break sometimes, you looked at your face in the mirror with bewilderment plastered on your face. "Where did she get this.." it was almost as if your scar was completely gone, like it was never there to begin with. To completely cover your scar you usually needed a lot more foundation then the small amount you put on.

"Hm, i could go flaunt this or i could leave him alone to do his work..nah" you stepped out of the small bathroom and made a b line for the door. In this case you were a bit happy to have his office so close by, that way you could easily make it there without someone seeing your face. But, just for safety measures, you still wore your mask.

You quietly walked down the hallway, wood creaking underfoot whilst you made your way only a few feet down the hall to find the sixth harbinger. You knocked on the door and peeked inside, for some reason today you are constantly being surprised; Scaramouche was leaned back in his seat with his arms crossed and eyes closed.

He was sleeping but his body appeared tense, you came here to bother him but it seems he's been working tirelessly. "Hey, Scara" you whisper yelled, closing the door behind you, he was completely knocked out kind of tired not even flinching when you tried to call out to him. "Scaramouche, wake up"

His head slowly raised but he still seemed drowsy so his head sunk back into it's former position, you didn't really want to yell because you didn't feel like dying today so you just left him alone for a moment while you looked around. A chance to openly observe the harbinger's office and catching a peek into his quarter's since he left the door cracked.

After that you came back over to his desk and observed the paper's, one was a report from one of his many underlings and another one was a letter from someone in Fontain. Now that you were done exploring, you could give it another shot trying to wake up your stubborn boss. You tapped on his desk, "Hey, ass hat wake up" finally your voice got through his head and he instantly awoke.

"Why are you in here?" you expected his voice to sound groggy and sleepy but he sounded normal, "Because Signora sent me some makeup that i tried out and to my surprise" you removed your mask. He seemed surprised to see so much joy in your eyes, your smile convincing him of your evident joy.

It almost made he himself smile, "And you're coming to me about it? Why?" you leaned against his desk and chuckled. "Because no one else has seen my face so who else am i going to show?" he sighed, slightly scowling "..i guess that makes sense, well you've shown me aren't you leaving then? I have work to do"

You grinned and shook your head, "I haven't seen you leave once today so if you're not going to out for fresh air then you're stuck down here with me 'till you do" he scowled. "Or i could force you out myself" you shrugged "You could, but i assure you i'd continue to bother you until you either go up on deck or..take some sort of break!"

"Why do you care?" he asked, to be fair he was expecting you not to have an answer but you looked him dead in the eye with no fear whatsoever. "Because, everyone needs a friend even someone like you who thinks he's above everyone. So i guess i should say i'm worried?" he sighed.

He didn't know what to respond with, bewilderment in his gaze "Worried? For me? You're kidding" he began to sift through a few papers while conversing with you. "Not really, i would absolutely love to consider you a friend but of course a one sided friendship is never fun" You stated with a small grin.

"If you're asking me to be your friend then-"

"You'd be lying if you said no"

he scowled at you, feeling defeated.

"If i agree then you'll leave me be?"

"No idiot, i said i wouldn't leave you alone until you took a break"

With the pressure that was building up in his head, forcing you out and constantly bothering him would make his head worse, so he swallowed his pride and complied. "You're a bitch" he stated "Get back to me when you come up with a more creative insult, Dusty hat boy" he stood up from his seat so you hurried away from his desk.

"If i was going to attack you, you wouldn't have even seen me get close to you" you scratched your head. "Right..i can't wait until you see me at my strongest" you opened the office door and looked back at him, "You first, i get the feeling you'd try to lock me out if i went out first" the slightly taller male walked through the doorway with no complaints.

"So, what were all those papers about?" You asked and somehow received a straight answer "Reports, too many of them to be fair.." the stressed harbinger sighed. "Wait a minute you're actually.." he looked at you, narrowing his eyes "Don't make me regret my choice" he stated clearly before walking ahead and leaving you stunned.

You were frozen for a minute until you ran after him in haste, "Really!? You're actually willing to be friends with me?!" the harbinger glared right through you "Shut. the. fuck. up!" he urged. "Geez! Sorry.." while you both rounded a corner you gasped and quickly fumbled to put your mask on.

"What's the point of hiding it if it's not there?" He asked, his gaze remaining ahead of him while you tied the string around your head. "Well surely it would be suspicious if i wear a mask all the time and it turns out i don't have anything to hide, and then when people ask me to remove my mask then i look stupid when i explain it to them"

He frowned, "I suppose that's a reasonable explanation" finally the hall ended with a door, Scaramouche graciously held the door open while you walked out, which heavily confused you. "Um..thanks" no few people witnessed this so you shied away to the boat's edge,  he remained silent as the few whispers of some chatty crew members reach both your ears and his.

"Isn't fresh air better? Being cluttered inside a room full of a few bookshelves and reports?" you hopped onto the boat's edge. He sighed, refraining from speaking "Don't worry about the whispers from the peanut gallery" you whispered to him. "Like i'm worried about what they say, you should take your own advice"

he leaned against the railing, casting his blue gaze to the equally blue sea "Well.." his tense body seemed to relax a bit and a soft sigh escaped him. "I suppose i can't force you to have your mask off around others" you smiled "I like you better when your less aggressive" he scowled, looking down.

"Are you trying to hide your face~?" you teased, he sighed and covered the bottom half of his face with his hand. "Don't be shy about it, you just have to get better at not giving me reasons to tease you" you hopped back onto the deck and headed towards the door. "I'll be in my cabin if you need me" you waved and opened the door, disappearing into the halls.

As more and more people began to whisper and chat, the closer and closer the harbinger got to snapping and not long after you went to your cabin to remove your makeup, the boat slightly swayed more then usual. Although you didn't investigate, you already assumed he was holding someone in the air by there neck giving them a shock or two.

"How temperamental.."

"What a nuisance.."