The Beginning

"Are you feeling better today?" Scara asked, adjusting the accessories on his chest and shoulders before putting his hat on and looking at you.

"A bit yeah." You responded softly and moved hair out of your face. He walked over and cupped the tour face and tilted his head. "You look much better." He hummed and felt your forehead, "temperature went down too." He hummed.

"We have prey to lure in today.. I wanted to make sure it went away for at least today." You stated and held his face in return, squishing his face. "I thought you liked the traveler?" He inquired.

"You said we weren't going to kill him, right?" You hummed and kissed his palm, "Hm, we won't. The idea is to hold him hostage for a while, then the resistance will be all spread out, and more chaos will ensue." He hummed.

"Hm, alright." You responded shortly and smiled for a moment before stepping back and grabbing your mask, "Let's go to the main space, yeah?" You inquired as you tied the thin string before looking at him.

"Lets." He hummed and lightly flicked the mask with a huff, "Yeah, i know you hate it, but i can't help it." You shrugged and walked over to the door.

He followed behind, closing the door once you were both out. "Take some fatuus to the entrance, spread them out and have them guard doors, and such." He ordered.

"Yes, sir." You hummed and hopped over the small railing and yelled to catch everyones attention, beckoning them to follow you out.

The followed obediently, mostly knowing of your close relationship with a very feared harbinger. You did as you were ordered, spreading everyone out and making sure everything was on alert before you went deeper into the factory.

The harbinger leaned against the rail and thought on his plan for a moment, a plan far in the future, for once he had his hands on what he wanted. What he was entitled to, the heart meant for him.

Though, now he had to work you into that plan, he couldn't just leave you behind after entrusting his loyalty to you. And your trust in him, he certainly didn't want to break.

He was confident that you would leave the fatui with him, but he wasn't sure how you would see him once you knew all there was to know about him.

As he was deep in his thoughts, the door opened, and you walked through. "Everyone is in their posts. I've made sure." You hummed, "won't this smoke cause me trouble too?" You inquired, and he shook his head.

"It shouldn't, as long as you can keep your emotions in check." He hummed and shrugged, "though i suppose you're known for being impossible to predict." He hummed, and you walked over to him.

"If things go well, i should be fine." You hummed. He kissed the side of your head and patted it before crossing his arms, "You should hide somewhere, come out if you're needed." He stated, and you nodded before looking around, "got it."

You found a way up into the raptors of the ceiling, finding a comfortable spot that also kept you hidden from sight. "Can you see me from here?" You yelled, Scara had gone off somewhere so the mirror maiden looked up and around, "Ah, no?" She replied briefly before returning her focus on the door.

You sat back and relaxed, toying with anything to occupy your attention before finally, after what felt like ages of waiting the door opened.

In its way stood the traveler, Aethers blonde hair was near impossible to miss in such a dark and dreary place. He didn't miss a beat in beating the fatuus currently in the room, and he naturally won, as expected.

He looked around the seemingly empty room after finishing off the last enemy, and Scara stood on the sidelines, watching with a smile and narrowed eyes.

He spouted his nonsense, and honestly, you tuned it out until the moment Aether collapsed. At that point, you got up and peered over the edge. The choking purple smoke was pushed away by sakura petals as the lady guuji herself appeared at the side of a passed out traveler and panicked Paimon.

You hopped down with your scythe out, standing in front of Scara in case she tried anything. She only laughed and shook her head, "You don't need to look so worried, i'm not much of a fighter." She hummed

Scara narrowed his eyes, "Heel." He hummed and lightly pat your back, "i'm not a mut." You spat back before sighing and backing away.

"If you came here to retrieve the traveler, then you've entered your own tomb." Scara stated and crossed his arms, "but i doubt the cunning fox has come here without a plan." He hummed, "in which case, if it's a fight, you shouldn't even bother here."

He motioned to you and hummed, "i won't even need to lift a finger." He stated, and she shook her head, one arm crossed and the other holding her face as if in thought.

"My, i thought a certain gnosis would be of more importance to the son of a god." She hummed, the purplish chess piece appeared out of a sakura petal, and she twirled it between her fingers.

Scara seemed to freeze up in surprise, and so did you. But your surprise was masked entirely..though it felt like she could see right through your mask of safety.

"Fine." He stated hastily and walked forward, "suppose the gnosis is of more importance than some traveler." He stated, and Miko stepped forward, handing the gnosis off and stepping away.

She waved with an expression impossible to read, and then she and Aether dissappeared into the sakura petals.

Scara stared at his palm, holding the gnosis and getting lost in thought. "Hey! You're the son of a god!?" He jumped in alarm before looking at you.

The room was filled with purple smoke and silence, "you didn't think to tell me such an important detail? After i pour my trauma out to you, i got nothing until i hear it from the enemy." You crossed your arms, and he quickly shook his head.

"Calm down-" he stated hurridly, though it only seemed to anger your more, "calm down!? No! If you aren't going to tell me a damn thing until i hear if out of someone elses mouth, then i should just expect to never hear a word of your past from yours!" You spouted in anger.

Though, unknowingly, the smoke sucked up all your energy the angrier you got. "Y/n-" he tried to calm you down, but at this point, you were too far gone for him to even try to calm you down.

The smoke filtrated through your lungs and into your blood, and you were out like a light.

Scara hurried forward to catch you before sighing. He hid stashed the gnosis away in his pocket before picking you up and taking you to his room.

"Guess i have a lot of explaining to do.." he sighed and carefully opened the door and set you down in bed before returning to close it. "Though, i guess that's fine. I can't keep procrastinating." He huffed and took off his extra clothes before wandering over and pulling you close into a little spoon position.

Protecting you and making sure you were safe in his arms, that made him feel better. Listing to your slightly labored breathing and heartbeat put him to sleep, easing his mind.

The sky is falling,

And we are going down with it.