Whispers of unknown emotions

The gentle breeze of the late night was chilling especially when it blew off the ocean, The carriage shook a little when it ran over something, possibly a rock. It was just barely enough to make you stir awake, your eyes opened slowly to the soft moonlight just outside the window and the oddly familiar warmth you were feeling.

You moved your head a little bit, trying not to fall back asleep to the gentle pounding of rain of the carriage and the gentle breathing you could hear. "Scara..?" he remained silent, still sound asleep "Hey.." you leaned away so your head no longer leaned on his shoulder.

Without his little support pillow, he finally started to wake up "What the hell.." he muttered and leaned against you again, disregarding the fact you were awake and a little confused. "I thought i fell asleep against the window..did you..?" he yawned "yeah you did, i moved you" you scratched your head.

"i..guess that's not the worst thing you've done" You peeked out the window and saw you were approaching the ocean "Where are we going after this?" he sighed. "Inazuma" he muttered, "Inazuma huh..i thought the nation was closed, we have a way in?" he nodded and fixed his hair "Nice..i hear Inazuma is super pretty..".

He leaned against you again, though this time you didn't protest "Yoshinori island is one of my favorite islands" he said softly. "Hey..why're you leaning on me? Just curious" he yawned again "because i'm tired, and i want to" you side glanced at him.

"You want to huh?" he nodded, "You have questionable ways of admitting you like me, y'know" he scoffed, "C'mon you can't hide it in fact you don't even bother to try, at least not anymore". He fell silent and shifted a little, "if you're trying to stall until we get to the ship, I'm not gonna let you".

"What're you going to do?" he inquired as if he didn't believe you, "Hm.." you gently pushed him off again "Just don't kill me for this, alright?" you tugged him back to you by his tie, hesitating for a moment as his breath tickled your lips.

He didn't dare move, "Are you just..going to sit there?" you gulped "Y'know the last time i kissed a harbinger it didn't end well for me" he watch uncertainty spread across your face and anxiety bloomed in your eyes. "Hm..fine"

Mustering up as much confidence as he could, he did not kiss your lips, only placed many small kisses here and there and when he leaned back he looked away and fixed his tie which you had formerly messed up.

You sat there in awe, blinking as if what just happened was something you didn't expect "You just.." he slowly looked back at you. "Yeah i did.." you grazed the places where his touch still lingered, "I-" he carefully cupped your cheek, squishing your face a little bit.

"Your face is red" he stated softly, "Hm..i think yours might be worse then mine" he let a slight smile on his face. Then the carriage came to a sudden stop and you flew to the side off your seat, "Ow! What the fuck!?" Scara opened the small sliding wooden thing and barked a few things at the fatui diplomat driving.

"ugh..go easy on him, it's not as easy as it looks driving a carriage" he sighed and closed the small wooden opening then helped you up. "That ought to leave a bruise.." you sat back down and took off your shoes that were starting to leave blisters. "Did you ask how much further?" he nodded, "not more then fifteen minutes".

You sighed and stared at your hands, "What's with that look, i just kissed you and you're gonna stare so blankly at your hands?" you looked up and chuckled. "What? Now that your feelings are out in the open you want attention?" he scowled, warning you to watch your tone. "Alright sorry."