Clear the site

"It's too damn cold." You grumbled with your arms wrapped yourself, "i gave you a heavy coat, and you're still freezing?" He inquired with a sigh.

"I told you i was terrible in the rain!" You reminded bitterly, and he sighed, "says the one who could train shirtless in Snezhnaya." He huffed and shook his head.

"That's different! Fire beats ice, water beats fire, isn't that the normal..uh.." You sighed and shrugged as he crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes. "Alright, alright," he sighed and moved his hat around just slightly to keep the drizzle at bay.

"Where exactly are we going again?" You asked, and he crossed his arms, looking ahead. "It's the delusion factory." He stated as if it was nothing. It surprised you a bit, but you couldn't think on it for long with the rain getting heavier.

Luckily, though, you didn't have to stand it for long, as the worn down entrace came into view, and he let you in first and tilted his hat slightly back as he stepped in aswell.

Everything in the room seemed to freeze. All the fatuus stood at attention and did their best to avoid interacting with Scara. Luckily for them, all he was interested in was seeing where he would be temporarily staying during this mission.

"It's..very empty," you stated as you took off the jacket and found somewhere to hang it. "Well, it isn't supposed to be roomy." He stated and set his hat on a table.

"Man, it feels so dreary, though.. I hate it." You grumbled and walked around, curiously looking around, "they have a space for you, though it is likely smaller and unlikely to be anymore roomy than my room." He hummed and crossed his arms.

"Is that just a ploy to get me to stay with you?" You joked and walked over to kiss his cheek. He scoffed and rolled his eyes, "You sleep where you want, be it mine or your own bed." He grumbled and crossed his arms. "Before you get comfortable though, do you know the beach down to the Mikage furnace?" He inquired.

"Hm? Yeah?" You crossed your arms and gave him a curious look, "that's where the front line is for the war between the Shogunate and Resistance." He stated, "i wanted you to survey the area for anyone who might have an interest in getting stronger. There's some undercover fatui on Watatsumi now, but they can't see the front line." He stated.

"An interest in getting stronger? How exactly can i determine that?" You gave him a confused look, and he sighed, "do i have to spell it out? People who try hard but just end up slowing others down, people who fight, but get taken down easily." He stated

"If you really have to, just talk to them after the battle.. that is if there's anyone left." He sighed, "i have to work on stuff here. Just follow my orders. You don't even have to fight." He hummed.

"Naturally, i could take out their armies faster than you make tea." You chuckled, "i'm sure you can, now go." He ordered, seeming serious, "awe, not even a goodbye kiss?" You teased and put a hand on your hip, and he rolled his eyes.

"You're already causing me a headache." He huffed and narrowed his eyes, "but fine, hurry it up." He caved and held an arm out. You smiled and happily walked closer and wrapped your arms around his waist, his arms wrapped around yours.

"I love you." You smiled at him, and he nodded, kissing your forehead. "Likewise.." he hummed, and you frowned, "Man, i hate when you're in bossy Balladeer mode.." You huffed, "you boss me around in all the wrong ways." You huffed and pecked the corners of his lips.

"Hush, there's guards passed that thin door." He huffed and pinched your cheek, "finee! Dont have to pinch me." You grumbled and slipped away. "I'll go execute these ever so important orders." You huffed and picked the jacket up.

"Sending the girl who sucks in the cold out into the rain..heartless." You whined and opened the door, glancing at him briefly and waving before closing the door and putting on the jacket on your way out.

---
--
-

.

It wasn't raining super heavy on the beach, so you could at least lower the hood. You had climbed on top of a giant capsized ship, shielded partially by the roots and leaves that grew up the rotting wood of the ship.

You eventually pulled the hood up again when people showed up, just in case your hair made your presence too obvious. It was obvious who would win this fight. The resistance front line fleet was measly compared to the Shogunates.

Everything went by in a blur. The only thing you focused on was the traveler and the ambush. After that, you waited for things to tone down before you climbed down the boat.

Landing on the sand made you stumble, taking a moment to get back up on your feet. It was empty and quiet, and you had plenty to report. It felt calm. It put you at ease until your gaze drifted toward the Mikage furnace, "no exploration, work first.." You sighed and shook your head, "Maybe i can convince him to come along if he isn't busy!" You cheered to yourself before walking along the beach back to the factory.

---
--
-

'

The rain had lessened slightly once you got back, though it was still wet and cold. The jacket was just getting annoying, so you took it off on your way back.

With the jacket drapped over your arm, you opened the sliding door to the tasteless room, "i'm back~" You cooed, but looked around owlishly when he wasn't inside. His hat was gone, so you could only assume he had left, "man.." You sighed.

"I hate work mode.." You huffed and closed the door before hanging up your jacket before changing into something comfy. "Man.. I hope a pillow will do that trick for now." You mumbled to yourself and pulled a pillow on his side down to hold and snuggle until you fell asleep.

I wonder,

What do i look like in your eyes?