Loss of life

"Now that he's dealt with"

He stepped over the corpse and brushed off his suit, "As far as killing limits are concerned, you don't have to be merciful" you smiled and threw your hands up in a cheer. "Haha! Great!" he chuckled seeing you so amped "But what's with the possessive guy" you leaned back and crossed your arms.

"He's an ex, i was in an arranged marriage with him but something happened and it just didn't happen thank the gods" you yawned and looked back inside. "From the position of the moon it's about eleven and your underlings will be here to get us at twelve right?" he nodded, "I'll go do my job then."

"Hold on" he grabbed your arm as you tried to walk passed him, "What?" he glanced at the corner of your lips briefly before, without a wink of hesitation, wiped away crumbs that were literally hiding under your nose. "Ah..th-thanks" he nodded and let you go, you returned inside and fixed the curtains so the doors were barely visible.

"so so..where is that bastard" you looked around the ballroom and spotted him dancing with his guard. Without any regard for the people dancing you walked onto the floor and amidst the confusion you pushed through and tapped the mans shoulder. "Sorry to interrupt" his guard turned around, her arms crossed with a defensive posture.

"You sound familiar" you smiled, "I'm sure i do, we've met before" she scowled "Take your nonsense elsewhere we were busy" the woman's dendro vision glowed menacingly before turning around. "Do you know what a kitsune mask looks like?" the pair froze then before you you knew it there was an arrow at your neck.

"Hm?" she glanced around as peoples eyes landed on the two of you, "Y'know, i could kill you both in less the a minute" the dendro user rolled her eyes. In a blink of an eye the arm she was using to hold the arrow to your throat was gone, it fell to the floor with a sickening thud and the room was filled with echoing screams.

"The door's won't open!" someone yelled, "Well that's the point" she coward backwards and fell against the nobleman she was meant to guard. "You..you're fatui" he said shakily "Indeed i am, am i still a servant to you?" he smiled, "If you're going to kill me then make her death as swift as possible please?".

You scowled, "You're not begging for your own life to be spared?" you questioned as your scythe appeared in your palm. "I want her to die quickly instead of suffering, please.." you sighed "That's no fun" he frowned and squeezed his eyes shut as you raised the great blade "but i suppose i can grant you that one wish, bye bye".

You swung and the blade came crashing down onto the marble floor, the sound of a crack echoed and the people who were trying to flee looked back down as you pulled the steel from his chest. "Now that that's over and done with" you looked over to the balcony entrance as Scaramouche walked back in.

"That was fast" he yawned "hurry up and get this over with, i saw soldiers on there way here" you rested the pole of the scythe against your shoulder "Yes sir, but there are a lot of people here, would you help?" he sighed and took off his over coat, setting it on a nearby chair. "Fine then" his sword appeared in his hand as he walked closer to the cowering crowd of people.

"Wanna make a bet?" you asked, the cool steel heating up and soon flames poured from it "Count how many you kill, whoever wins gets.." you scratched your head. "I dunno winner gets to pick"

"Sure"

"Wonderful..cya loser!"

"Eh..what time is it?"

"It's..almost twelve"

You put your hand on your hip and let your scythe dissipate into golden dust, Scara did the same "How many did you kill?" you looked about at the corpses decorating the ballroom. "eighty" he said quickly "Dammit really!?" he looked over at you and yawned, "Your dress is burned a little" you looked down and sighed.

The red faded to black where the dress was torn and burned "Let's hope Signora doesn't kill me over this" He looked up at the great doors as they opened to reveal a large group of soldiers all armed with weapons and armor, many seemed to tremble at the sight. "Run!" you yelled, Scara was a bit confused for a moment but before he could react you grabbed his hand.

"We shouldn't fuck with the army! C'mon!" you pushed the balcony door open and Scara, using his ever so useful electro vision, seemed to teleport to the ground. "shit.." you leaned against the rail as soldiers poured onto the balcony, the loud neigh of horses came from a distance so you had no choice.

"Sorry boys, maybe we can arrange this meeting some other time?" you fell backwards off the rail and were about to use your scythe to catch a tree branch to soften your fall a little. Before you could do that though, you were cradled in an embrace that felt warm "How did you.." he softly landed.

"Electro visions are convenient at times" he murmured and yawned again, "heh..eh ha haha!" you fell backwards and started laughing. "I haven't had that much fun in years!" he looked down at you with tired expression with his overcoat in his hand, "the soldiers will come down here to get us" you sighed.

"I know..let's go" he helped you up and picked a few leaves out of your hair, "Aren't you tired?" he asked just as you two saw the carriage come into view. "I wanna drop dead in my bed right now" it stopped in front of you both and you got in first, shielding your face from the fatui diplomat.

Scaramouche climbed in behind you and sat at your side, "here" he handed you his overcoat "huh? What's with the sudden empathy?" he sighed "just take it you idiot" you softly smiled and put on the violet coat. You leaned against the window and soon drifted off to sleep, thats what you remember at least.

In your sleep Scaramouche moved you a bit so you leaned onto him, Then he leaned his head on yours and when he started to doze off he muttered, very very softly..

"Love..you"