Poisonous waters

The sun has began to fall from its peak in the sky and the nation of hydro was in view, it was so close you could just ship and swim there yourself. And it was one of the few times the 6th harbinger was up and out of his office, barking orders at the crew as he would usually do.

You were focused on the approaching nation, the one you called home so many years ago but the only thing that bothered you was, is Lilia really waiting for you here? To play this game. Casting that aside though, it's been a long few years since you've seen your own mother, and if you knew any better you need to get an invitation from her before continuing on your mission.

"Hey Balladeer!" you yelled, gaining his attention and a few others from some crew doing as he had instructed them. He had his arms crossed and the ocean breeze whisked his hair and the décor that hung from his hat, "What?" he inquired bitterly, "I'm going to head inland when we dock" he scowled.

"I need to speak with my mother about an invitation specified for my family so i can keep up an appearance, you can join me if you wish but i'm sure you have things to tend to" a few people surrounding you both seem astonished, but awaited the Balladeer's response. "Fine, but i am joining you..to familiarize myself with the land" you wanted so badly to tease him about his obvious separation anxiety but with so many eyes on you, you chose not to wound his pride.

"Great, don't be bitter if i leave without you though" you waved your hand in goodbye as you walked off, every gaze followed you in pure surprise. You felt a bit stiff with eyes on you like this, so you retreated to your cabin to relax before docking in the nation of the wealthy and pure.

Mochi meowed at you as you made your way to the door to leave, "Mochi I have to go, someone will come take care of you while I'm out.." you scratched the tom's ear before hastily leaving before he could follow you out. You sighed as Mochi continued to yowl for the door to be opened, and you truly wanted to let him out to travel with you but if you got into a fight gods forbids he doesn't get hurt.

"You've had that cat for a few weeks and you are already so attached to it" you stuck your tongue out as he teased you about your emotional attachment to the four legged fur ball. "Shuddup! You would be lying if you said you didn't care about Mochi so don't bull shit me" the harbinger scoffed and crossed his arms, "And are you gonna fit through the doorway with that big ass hat of yours?".

"Eat a dick" he hissed, his bitter attitude returning rather quickly after the past friendly evenings you've spent together on the boat. "Only if it's yours~" you retorted, running ahead to avoid losing your head as you laughed like a hyena as he effortlessly caught up with you. He clutched the collar of your shirt with electric aggression in his glowing violet eyes.

"Aw did i piss you off? Sorry, twas the first response i had~" you only angered him further with your banter, "Take this as revenge for when you tried to tease me yesterday" you manually forced him to let go of your collar. And continued to hurry off to the door to leave the hall, still a little fearful of your life.

The sun blinded you, but the friendly birds that lived near the coast of Fontain chirped and cawed in the afternoon sun. "Hm..seems the hydro archon is in a good mood today" you hurried to get between two crew workers as the left the boat on break, Scaramouche still searching for you so he could end your life.

"'scuse me gentlemen!" you pushed through the men and ran, the sound of horses hooves colliding with the hard ground reached your ears as you stood at the side of a street. Men in suits and top hats rode their horses towards large boats that matched that of the harbinger's own ship. "Don't mind me~" you hummed, jogging in front of a man on his horse with a woman on a horse who was walking besides him.

As you reached the other side you froze as the sound of an arrow flying passed your head, "You best watch yourself little masked maiden, noblemen here have no remorse" the woman on her horse had he bow lowered. "Are you picking a fight missy?" she glared down at you as if you were a roach under her heel.

"because believe me, you'd be a lamb to the slaughter" you readied your weapon as the woman scoffed and drew her bow. As the tension raised eyes landed on the two, before you could lunge like a hungry animal, with a flash of violet light the infamous harbinger had a tight hold on your wrist with an apologetic smile.

"Sorry! She hasn't been to these parts and doesn't understand the rules, forgive her rowdiness" you haven't gotten a chance to witness Scaramouche's mask properly in action, it was surprising, somewhat charming to flip a switch like that. The woman relaxed, her bow falling to her side again, "I can not forgive her for disrespecting milord, that is his job".

"thank you Annie" the man in question looked down, "Is she your servant? Her clothing suggests so, if that's the case best keep her under control or something bad is certainly bound to happen" the mans heels dug into the horses side, ordering it to begin walking again in silence. As eyes left the scene and the two Fontainian's rode off, you stood mortified, while Scaramouche snickered quietly.

"To be cast as a lowly servant, i should really kill both of them" Scara still had a strong grasp on your wrist, he could feel your muscles getting tense as you held on so tightly to your weapon. "I consider it your Karma for making that incomprehensibly aggravating..'joke'" you took a deep breath in and out, "Oh please you liked that joke" i guarantee if you weren't in public and technically on a mission, he would have taken your head from your shoulders the second those words rolled off your tongue.

"I should kill you.." he pinched the bridge of his nose as he released your hand, "But~?" he sighed "I would be executed for killing someone important to the Tsaritsa.." he mumbled so quiet you could barely catch wind of it.

"seems your getting better at remembering the things i say.."

"let's go before i kill you or someone else and blow our cover.."

Love, a concept where one gives attention and receives

Touch, when ones deprived of it, then it becomes a drug

Feelings, I'm not supposed to talk about, that's classified

Emotions, I hide them for your sake, I don't want to "kill the mood"

Where will love be?

Where will it go?

When will it happen?

All I can say for sure is, "I love you"

-Andyfire34 on discord, a good friend of mine