Beginning Of A Second Try

The gentle breeze made the leaves of the great tree sway, a calming scent full of fresh air up at the top of the tree.

Down below, the smell of spices flowing throughout the air down below near Treasure Street. And among the peace, sat the Wanderer..sitting on a tree branch that overlooked Sumeru's streets.

A melancholy look painted his face, blue eyes holding a look of despair and bitterness that he masked well among the presence of others.

"I'll take you to Sumeru.." he muttered to himself and sighed, watching the leaves fall and watching people walk the streets.

"And hide away." He hummed and stood up on the branch and slowly drifted down to the earth. The sun was high in the sky, early morning.

Then, as he landed, he looked around briefly before he started walking up to the Sanctuary. Occasionally adjusting his hat as he walked up, then sometimes he got so lost in thought he wandered the wrong direction.

Then he eventually reached the Sanctuary, leaning against the rail and looking out below. "You'd love it here..it's peaceful and calm.." he sighed and leaned onto his palm and smiled to himself before it became more bitter.

"What do you want, Buer?" He inquired and grumbled as he looked over his shoulder at her for a brief second before looking down at the world below again.

"There's been..an event of sorts in Irminsul." The goddess began, giving the Wanderer a concerned look. "Hmph..what does that have to do with me?" He inquired bitterly, his peaceful quiet time having been ruined by the intruding goddess.

"Well, the world had a lapse of judgment.. That's the best way i can put it. Like when the sand buries a treasure until a thin layer." She stated, putting it simply in a way he would understand best since her usual ways wouldn't work.

"Again, what does that have to do with me?" He grumbled and shook his head, ignoring what he thought were Buer's footsteps.

"I thought you'd be more excited to see me." Came a voice. They clicked their tongue in disappointment and laughed. Scara froze and almost felt too scared to look over his shoulder, too scared to find out whether that was his wishful thinking.. or Buer's power over dreams.

He turned around, a confident farce on his face, but now Buer was gone, and he was left face to face with you.

"If this is another dream, i swear.." he grumbled and pinched the bridge of his nose, "Ah shuddup, be happy." You huffed and stepped closer and pulled him into a sudden hug.

He froze up, having missed your affection for so long left him caving faster than you could say his name. He pat your back, played with the tips of your hair, tearing up slowly but surely as he did all he could to make sure you were real and in his arms again.

"I ran away from home, from the abyss, from everything..i for some reason, remember everything from that 'past life', every last detail. Even the end of it." You sighed, and he pulled you closer in shock.

Yet, all he could manage to say was.

"I-i'm sorry.." he muttered softly and lowered his head into your shoulder. You moved his hat and put it on your head as you pat his back.

"It's not your fault. I sucked at controlling my emotions." You stated and shrugged, rubbing his back and letting him cry, even if his sobs were silent.

"But hey, i'm back, and i'm better than ever. I won't be going anywhere.." you whispered and kissed the side of his head, "please don't be sorry..it's neither your nor my fault." You hummed.

Slowly, you began to play with his hair, feeling him relax in your arms. His sobs became softer and softer until he fell silent. "Y/n-.." he muttered and squeezed.

"I'm going to..to show you around..and, and take you to the nicest places i can find..ok?" He inquired and slowly looked up, his eyeliner a little messy from crying, but you weren't bothered, just wiping away the tears and smiling.

"As long as i get to be with you, i couldn't care less what we do." You hummed and pinched his cheek, and he chuckled, "Oh! And if you're worried, i still technically have Mochi. I just had to find him again." You grinned, and he nodded.

Meanwhile, as Scaramouche was reunited with his lover, Buer watched from a high tree branch sheltered by the leaves. Green eyes filled with a type of joy that made her giddy and excited, i mean, the ever antisocial and bitter Wanderer had been reunited with his better half.

And she couldn't be happier, while he had many sins to repent and pay for, it would be easier with someone at his side to help him.

She knew he wasn't planning to stay in Sumeru long because of a not so distant past, but now, he just had to show you around.

Just like he promised he would.

Its a little short i know, but happy ending :D