Moonlight dancing

"He was so close Mochi! I bet he's never complimented someone in his whole life.." Y/n ate some of her cake while Mochi rubbed against her ankle. The cat meowed a few times before leaping up onto the other chair and onto the table, "Hey shoo you can't have any!".

Mochi's tail lashed back and forth as if pretending to stalk his pray, "No Mochi!" she lifted the cake up and away from the animal before he could get his fill. "Little idiot, trying to eat my food" she flicked the cats nose as punishment before finishing the piece of cake she got for herself while the rest was kept in a chilled box.

Mochi jumped down and wandered over to the door as footsteps came from the other side, Scaramouche's office was just across the hall so it was most likely him returning to go to sleep. Y/n looked over her shoulder as a shadow was cast under the door and Mochi kept pawing at the wood keeping him from going out into the hall.

"Why do you like him so much Mochi? I buy all your food" you walked over and picked the cat up, his meowing only getting louder. "You talk as if you expect an answer" without much effort the 6th harbinger opened the door, his hat missing from his head "I see you went to take off your hat, what did you stop here for?".

Mochi pushed his way out of your arms and ran over to the harbinger, "Wow..so rude, you're both like two peas in a pod" she leaned against the table. "Are you going to continue what you were about to say earlier?" he picked the meowing cat up, as if trying to ignore her question "Hey! You're in my room so the very least you could do is explain why you're here!"

He looked up with that usual glare in his eyes, "You're on my boat" he retorted without bothering to answer her question. "geez.." she let her mouth open as a yawn escaped her "Tell me why you're here please?" he sighed, "It would be a waste of time if i simply came here to finish a sentence i didn't bother to finish earlier.."

"So why're you here?"

"I..have no knowledge of how to dance.."

She held her breath, for him to trust her with this info he must have placed some genuine trust in her..if she laughed that would completely shatter that trust. "Aha..that is a problem" he stepped further into the room and closed the door "Are you asking me to teach you?" he seemed to glance away in embarrassment.

"I was taught some lessons when i was younger..but i didn't bother to keep practicing" Y/n pushed up to sit on the table. "Don't dodge the question, do you want me to teach you? Because i still remember the lessons my mom taught me" he crossed his arms and sighed "I suppose yes.." she hopped off the table and walked up close to the harbinger.

Alarmed, he shuffled back a bit, she stared up at him with a smile "Usually the girl doesn't ask to dance, per Fontains customs..normally the guy asks to dance" she stepped back and waited for him to get the hint. Once he did he perked up and cleared his throat before lifting his hand from her to take hold of.

He seemed to get his composure together the embarrassment in his eyes dissipating, "Care to dance?" he inquired, making Y/n feel as if this was the real thing. "Not bad" she took his hand and placed it on her waist and put her hand on his shoulder while her other hand was intertwined with his.

"If there was music this would be much easier, but I'll make do..just try not to step on my feet" she directed him away from the wall and further into the room, eager for attention Mochi followed the footsteps and watched, interested in the actions of the humans. Y/n swayed to an imaginary beat as moonlight poured into the room from the window, "It seems your lessons from youth aren't too far gone".

He managed not to step on Y/n's feet at all, making her a little suspicious "Did you really not know how to dance before coming here?" he tilted his head "I told you i learned a little when i was younger.." she stopped swaying and smiled "I know that, but you said you didn't remember how to dance at all.." he cringed as she dug her heel into his foot.

"The truth, please" he sighed, kicking away her foot "Fine, i remember most of the lessons i was taught but i'm still lackluster in terms of dancing" she sighed. "The waltz is the only dance people do at parties unless they are incredibly close to each other, then they'll just stand and sway without considering the opinions of others..i miss when my mom did that with my dad".

Scaramouche kept his harsh words in his mouth, allowing Y/n to reminisce about joyful times in her youth. "So, if you know how to waltz then..you'll be fine" Y/n let go of his hand and took her hand off his shoulder..however the harbinger had different plans.

"Hold on, I'm not sure if i have it down yet" Y/n quietly yelped when he snaked his arm around her waist again and once again intertwined his hand with her own. "Hm..eager to be close to me huh?" it was easy to flip a switch to hide your own emotions, Y/n was very skillful at doing that.

"Shut up and let me enjoy this" Y/n looked him in the eye with a tired but amused expression, if she wasn't sleepy she would surely have embarrassment on her face. "Usually you would prefer being as far away from me as possibly possible, now you actually want to dance with me.." Y/n yawned again "But shouldn't we wait until the actual party?" Y/n inquired.

"I said just let me enjoy this.." she smiled and kept her mouth closed, sharing a warm stare with the harbinger.

"Your eyes..they shimmer like stars..that reflect in my home nations beach shore"

"Ah..there you go.."