Bloody sands

The world is silent..

There you lay, in a bed of flowers, boundless; extending far past the horizons. The air was filled with the pleasant scent of roses.

The sky was dark and filled with crystalline stars and a bright full moon that lit up the field of flowers. You sat up after laying there for a while.

"Here again.." You sighed and looked up at the sky, "if i stay here, i shouldn't - " you mumbled to yourself before the ground below. You suddenly opened up.

You screamed as it swallowed you up, "Wait!" You yelled and flailed in the air until you hit the ground with a thud and a soundless scream.

It took you ages until you could roll over, and Lilia laid close by. Her body was limp, just like yours, yet you desperately tried to get up.

"Lilia -" you sputtered out breathlessly, crawling over to her and trying to crandle her. Yet, just as your hand grazed her, she was pulled into the shadows suddenly.

You yelped and jumped back, wincing.

"You killed me," came a voice, soft yet malicious, "so who are you hunting?" The voice asked. "Stop it.." You mumbled and coughed, scooting into the center so you'd be as far from the shadows as possible.

"You'll kill yourself with all this running, you know it. Your search will only end up in more torture," the voice whispered into your head even as you covered your ears.

"Shut up..!" You hissed, repeating it over and over again, screaming till it made your voice raw. Until suddenly, you were pulled from the darkness and screams.

Being shaken awake by the one beside you, "Y/n!" Scara yelled and let go once you had woken up. "What -" he helped you sit up, patting your back with a small sigh.

"I haven't seen one so bad..ever," he frowned, pulling you into a hug and gently grabbing your shaking hand to gently rub it.

"It was the abyss..my sister.." You sighed and brushed a hand through your matted hair. "I just- i want a peaceful nights rest, not even that fuckers medicine is helping now" you punched the bed sheets before crumbling into his hold.

"I..the best i can do is comfort you like this" he sighed and kissed the top of your head, Mochi hopped up and tried to curl up in your lap.

"I'm tired, tired..so tired" you muttered and lightly hit your chest to calm down, "Y/n, deep breaths, you're alright..you're in my bed, in my arms. You're safe, relax. "

His soft voice and gentle touch were enough to slowly but surely relax you, "there ya go." He hummed, "Do you need anything..? Water, medicine?" He inquired softly as he leaned back just slightly to hold your face and rub your cheek.

You took a shaky breath and sighed, "i-i'll be fine.. I don't think i can fall asleep again." You grumbled and rubbed your head, "then.." he lowered his head in thought, "i'll get you a drink." he hummed.

He shuffled to the edge of the bed and got up, looking over as you followed closely. "You don't have to follow." He stated and got up, "actually, never mind, come on." hummed and offered a hand to help you up.

"I think i need a walk and fresh air.. I'll get water in the morning.." You sighed and rubbed your nose. He nodded, squeezing your hand as he led you out of his room and office. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asked softly, and you paused.