To Breath Relief

In your sleep, you could hear the distant sound of a ticking clock. Still too tired to register the world around you until you opened your eyes.

"Hm.." You hummed and sat up. You awoke in the room you fell asleep in, yet something was off. It felt too quiet, the clocks ticking too loud.

"Finally awake?" Someone called, and you looked around frantically in search of them. "You can't find me. I'm in your head.. " The voice cooed, and suddenly you felt a hand on your shoulder.

When you reached back to grab the hand, you stiffened, seeing nothing there. "Are you that scared of yourself?" The voice questioned, and when you looked ahead you saw yourself.

But, something was different.

Your eyes, they were yellow, bright like a geo monument, and a golden horn protruding from tour forehead. You scooted back in alarm, and she grinned, "You've forgotten all about me, i've been gone for too long." She sighed and moved onto the edge of the bed.

"Soon, be prepared." She hummed and leaned close to you and tapped your forehead. At that moment, you passed out again within your dream.

Then you woke up and felt at ease. However, you had a headache, and you felt hot. "What.. " You mumbled and held your head as you sat up.

You looked around the room and got up to fetch a box of napkins to blow your nose to help with the stuffiness. "Did the rain make me sick..? Has to be it.." You sighed and threw away the napkins and went to the bathroom.

Even after sleeping for so long, you felt so exhausted, trying to wake yourself up by splashing yourself with water. "This is so..uggggh," you groaned and leaned onto the counter.

A moment later, you heard the sliding door open and shut with a slight slam, and you instantly knew who was back. "Y/n?" He called and wandered into the bathroom.

He took off his hat and set it on the table before leaning into the bathroom and taking one look at your sickly expression and sighing. "Guess i shouldn't have sent you out in the rain.." he sighed.

You pouted and reached out and hugged him with another sniffle and cough. "Sorry.." he apologized and kissed the side of your head and leaned back before moving hair out of the way to kiss your forehead.

He seemed confused for a moment, "Did you always have a scar here..?" He inquired. You reached up to rub your forehead in alarm, "a scar?! Shit-" You coughed and pushed away and dug through the cabinets under the sink for your medicine.

He watched you look at yourself in the mirror, gently touching the circular scar on your forehead. "What is it?" He inquired and wrapped his arms around your waist from behind.

"It's a sign that my illness is getting worse, and transforming will happen soon." You panicked and swallowed some of the pills hurridly, "hey- i'm pretty sure you're not supposed to have that many!" He hissed and took the bottle away.

You looked at him and sighed, "i-i'know- but thank you.." he nodded and patted your head. "Go lay down and relax. Hopefully, it'll fade, and you'll be fine..if not - then..i'll figure it out." He sighed.

You sighed and walked out and flopped onto bed and sighed again, "I'm scared.." You mumbled to yourself. Scara stepped out and sighed, "You'll be fine, i won't let it get so bad." He stated.