The Road Back To Cerulean

Ash stood in front of the video caller with a twitching eye. Life was juuuuuuust~ great. He had a pervert in his team. A shameless pervert no less.

...That shameless pervert was currently lying on the ground with swirls in his eyes and bruises all over his body courtesy to Kirlia who was still angry at the Bulbasaur. Ash had to physically restrain Kirlia from outright killing the Bulbasaur.

"Ehehe...So..." Professor Oak drawled on the computer screen, "So...What did you want to talk about Ash?" He asked uncomfortably.

Ash turned to him with his normal disinterested eyes and spoke, "Ahh yes. I wanted to speak about Bulbasaur actually. During my time at your ranch...As much as I don't like to admit it, I had neglected my studies about grass pokemon..." Ash said uncomfortably...That was as sheepish as you can get with Ash Ketchum, Professor Oak thought with a smile. Ash continued, "Well...I was hoping that you will have some documents on the lives of Bulbasaurs...I know next to nothing about them except for the fact that one of their species on my team is a shameless pervert" He told the old professor.

Oak appeared thoughtful for a moment and rubbed his chin in concentration, "Yes...I believe that I MAY have something for you Ash...I will send them to your Pokedex as a message today..." Oak told Ash over the video phone.

Ash's eyes narrowed as he looked at the smiling face of the professor...He was smiling a little too merrily for his own good. Now that meant something...

Ash took a deep breath in and muttered something about 'evil wrinkly old coots' and turned to professor and asked, "Your smile isn't fooling anyone old man. What do you want?"

Oak's smile actually morphed into a grin, "Oh nothing too drastic my boy. You see these old bones have little energy left in them now..." Oak drawled with an hearty chuckle, "And there is a certain someone who I was trying to contact for a few months now. I believe he lives in a Lighthouse on the Route to Vermillion City...I am getting old Ash, I can't travel anymore. Do me a favor and deliver a message to my friend –"

"You're talking about Bill Sonezaki aren't you?" Ash interrupted him and asked.

Professor Oak smiled on the video phone and nodded, "You always had that exceptional gift of reading people like a book Ash. To answer your question, Yes. I am talking about Bill Sonezaki. I want you to visit his lighthouse when you have gotten Cerulean's badge and tell him to...You know what? Delia can you please go feed the Tauros at the ranch first? They must be getting hungry" Oak told Delia at the other end of the phone.

Ash's eyes narrowed dangerously, 'Whatever he is going to tell me he doesn't want mum to listen...Must be some delicate information...' Ash thought.

Delia waved at Ash over the video phone and said, "Bye Ashy. Mum has some work now. Maybe I'll call you later" She left with Gardie and Mimey after that.

Oak released a sigh of relief as she closed the door and turned to the video caller screen to see Ash frowning at him. Oak frowned back at him and spoke, "I know about all your endeavors Ash Ketchum. I know about Viridian, Mount Moon and now Cerulean. And I also know your reasons for lying. Which is exactly what makes you perfect for this job..."

All color drained from Ash's face as he heard that from Professor Oak. Then he realized that being a former champion has its perks. Professor Oak frowned some more as he spoke, "Yes you guessed it right. I am the former Kanto Champion Ash. How long do you think you could hide it from me?" The old professor asked rhetorically, "...Anyway...What is done cannot be undone and I will not disclose this information to anyone else. This is some high class information I am giving you to deliver to Bill and considering your unique reputation among Team Rocket I believe that you are the most suitable person for this job...But..." Oak released a heavy sigh as he turned back and spoke,