The Trail To Vermillion - Part 1

Ash stood in front of (now fully clothed) Misty Waterflower with his arms crossed over his chest with the familiar deadpan expression on his face.

Misty's face meanwhile was a mixture of shock, guilt, embarrassment and incredulity. She opened her mouth to speak and uttered a single word, "...What...?"

"I came here to apologize" Ash said with his signature disinterested gaze and a straight face. Not a hint of emotion detectable on his stony visage.

Misty Waterflower blinked. Once. Twice. Thrice. 'Okay...' She decided as she came to her senses, '...He can be an asshole when he wants to be but...He's a pretty good guy...' Misty concluded...But the problem was...What does she have to say now? She had never had any proper acquaintance, let alone friend who tried to exclusively talk to her, not her sisters.

"...So...umm...Apology accepted..." She awkwardly said with an sheepish blush on her face with her hand scratching her neck.

Ash seemed to brighten up at that and told her, "Very well then. I shall take my leave. Have a good day Miss Waterflower"

'WHAT?! THAT'S IT?!!' She inwardly raged as she stared at the retreating figure of her mysterious savior that day, "HEY! Wait a second!!" She yelled as Ash was moving towards the exit of the roof.

Ash turned back with a raised eyebrow as if asking, 'What?'

She flushed in embarrassment once again. She had called him on instinct only. Losing the only person who exclusively wanted to speak to her on a matter was not something she wanted. But now that she did call him...What to say now?

"You wanted to say something Miss Waterflower?" Ash asked monotonously.

"N-No...Err...I mean Yes. N-No...ARRGH!! THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!!" She yelled out suddenly in a fit of mad rage.

Ash Ketchum was not amused. He raised another disinterested eyebrow at her childish tantrum and inquired once again, "...You wanted to say something Miss Waterflower?"

She immediately jerked up and blushed in embarrassment. God, this was so awkward. She lowered her head in embarrassment. For the first time someone comes to exclusively talk to her and she doesn't have a single thing to talk about...Well except for her issues that is...

And so she turned to him with a sad gaze and talked, "*sigh* I don't know why even I'm telling you this..." She was interrupted by Ash though,

" – Well judging by exactly who you are and having no acquaintances to talk to right now, I am the only person who you can talk to at this moment..."

Her eye twitched in irritation, "Yes! Thank you Mr. Genius! NOW IF YOU'LL LET ME TALK THEN LISTEN DAMMIT!!" She yelled at him. Ash blinked. Well he was listening so talk already dammit!!

"...*sigh* So...I don't know you properly...Let's start with introductions...I am Misty Waterflower. I am from Cerulean City...Basically here...And...err...I want to be the best the pokemon teacher there ever is..." She said with a sigh.

Ash's eyes narrowed, '...This girl has got some serious problems...Aura signature around her show anxiety, nervousness, stress and deep rooted insecurities inside her...Family Issues? Most probable...'

Ash looked at her calculatively and spoke, "I am Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town. Pokemon trainer with 2 badges. Dream is to become the champion of Kanto and burn a certain group of thugs to ashes"

Then Ash raised an eyebrow as Misty did something unexpected...She giggled. Why was she giggling like a lunatic anyway?

"...Sorry, sorry...I think I heard that wrong...Care to repeat that again? I mean that last line..." She said with another small giggle in the end.