Vermilion City - Part 2

Ash and Sophia walked the streets of Vermillion which were illuminated by the street lights with frowns on their faces...

Vermillion was a big city...One of the most revered and famous cities in Kanto, one of the most populated too...So why the heck were the streets of a city like Vermillion so empty?

It was dusk time when Ash and Sophia had reached Vermillion. The skies were dark and the streets should a bit emptier than mornings since it was the time that people go homes but...It shouldn't be like this...

Not a soul on the streets. The soft rustling wind that makes the boards of shops and the fallen posters on the road flutter was their only companion except each other as the duo of the silver-streaked ravenette and the blonde walked the streets of Vermillion.

"...Sophia...Be on guard..." Ash whispered silently when he saw that a small shop which was open just a moment ago closed in their faces as soon as they walked in front of it. A pair of eyes eyeing Ash warily as the shutter dropped in his face.

"...A-Ash...Can I take out my gun?" Sophia asked nervously as she gulped...She'd just come to know hours ago that Ash knew that she had a gun in his bag...Although she was relieved when he didn't know that she was getting some...Dangerous thoughts in the pokemon center.

She didn't know why Ash let her keep her gun even after knowing that she had one...Was it his confidence? Or arrogance? Either way...Sophia was quite sure that her gun wouldn't do much against him...So she just confessed that she did have a gun...Ash had just smiled knowingly at her and said, 'You are an assassin. You are bound to have that...Keep it. You are not a useless piece of trash who will slow me down in case anything happens...'

Sophia hadn't known if that was meant to be a compliment or an insult at that time...

"...Yes...Take it out and hide it somewhere where you can access it easily...I am getting quite an uncomfortable feeling from his city..." Ash whispered back as he warily looked side to side to find any sign of life in this seemingly lifeless city.

Sophia quickly did just that. Ash subconsciously began circulating some aura in body to enhance his senses...Ash was quite sure now that something was up with this city...

Then suddenly a cute blonde girl's figure came to his mind as he started to feel worried for his adorable little sister figure...

'...Goldie...Is she alright?' Ash thought to himself worriedly, '...Nah...She'll be okay...Her father is Lieutenant Surge after all...' Ash thought to himself with some relief. Whatever happens he knew that there won't be a scratch on Goldie...For anything to harm her it must go through a retired ex-army commander first.

...Rustle, rustle...

Ash suddenly turned back and surveyed his surroundings only to see a newspaper drifting in the wind on the road producing some rustling sounds...He breathed a sigh of relief...He was getting too paranoid for no reason at all...

Ash and the blonde girl took a turn in the corner and went to the right...The street lights were much brighter on this road...The familiar red roof of the pokemon center appeared before their eyes as both of them relaxed just a little.

Ash and Sophia looked at each other before they entered the pokemon center...Which looked silent and empty as fuck by the way...

The familiar pink haired nurse was sitting on the front desk with a Chansey by her side. After seeing Ash and Sophia enter the center she narrowed her eyes at them before she got up to greet them, "...Hello trainers...Welcome to Vermillion Pokemon Center..." Nurse Joy began a little nervously as she inspected the two trainers.