The Trail To Vermillion - Part 5

Furious red eyes with concentric circles stared into hollow black ones hidden underneath the tattered cloak as Luxray and Mimikyu stood on the opposite sides of the roof.

No one dared move a muscle as the soft gale kept on swishing between them. But then...Mimikyu cringed.

That was the thing that sealed his fate. The large electric lion pokemon pounced at the ghost/fairy with his new claws and fangs bared at it. Mimikyu couldn't escape. He was intimidated by the newly evolved electric pokemon.

Luxray's fangs sunk into the tattered pale yellowish cloak as ice began to form on Mimikyu (Ice Fang). The disguise pokemon cackled in pain as he felt the ice slowly freeze him. For the first time in Mimikyu's long life...He felt scared. Scared of what was going to happen to him. Scared of what was happening right now. Scared of what this pokemon would do to him...

"Grrrrrr...." Like an enraged wild animal Luxray shook the little ghost fairy left-to-right growling, all the while Mimikyu screaming in pain as the fangs tore down his insides.

For the final time Luxray actually spat out Mimikyu on the cold hard roof and menacing moved his claws at him when he heard a familiar voice shout at him, "Luxray. Stop"

Luxray growled lowly into his throat as he was denied his kill.

But then he recognized the tone of the voice. The voice was calm. But firm. Luxray started to recognize all the tones of his master's voice when he spoke after staying with him for such a long time...He knew when to whine, bitch and protest and when to obey his command. Ash had shown this time and again that he doesn't tolerate disobedience in crucial situations like this. Of course he is lenient in normal day to day activities but in tough and important situations like this...His master could be scarier than a Moxie Gyarados on Outrage mode. He wisely retracted his claws and slowly inched away from the half-dead Mimikyu.

Ash slowly approached the Mimikyu which was lying half-dead on the cold hard floor with a frown on his face. He directed some aura to the pokemon and established a connection between them, '...Mimikyu...Why were you attacking me?' He asked calmly.

Mimikyu's tired eyebrows shot wide as he slowly turned his head in an 180 degree creepily to look at Ash with his hollow eyes, "...Kekekeke..." Ash heard him cackle in answer which translated, '...You...My home...Be gone...'

Ash's frown deepened when he heard that. But then realization slowly came over him. Ghost types were generally very territorial pokemon. Just like dragons and the like. When inhabited a certain place they get fiercely protective of their territories. Ash was a powerful being that radiated aura which other pokemon could detect. A powerful presence in one's area is never welcome. Because the pokemon the territory belongs to, sees the powerful being as a threat and a challenge to its claim over a particular area...

So in the end it was not Mimikyu's fault. It was no one's fault. It was just how nature worked. Ash had defeated Mimikyu so it was now bound to acknowledge him as a superior. But...As the situation was now, Mimikyu was slowly dying from that violent Ice Fang from Luxray.

Ash decided to heal Mimikyu. It was not his fault actually. But then a pretty devious idea came to his mind. It was very low of him to do this but...No wait. This was not anything low at all for him. He didn't need to lower himself to that level...Cause he was already at that level. He didn't need to go any lower at all. With a smirk on his face he asked Mimikyu, '...Hey little guy...Do you want to live?'

Mimikyu's breath hitched as he looked at Ash weirdly as if to say, 'Did-you-just-really-say-that?' As Mimikyu felt his energy slowly leaving his body he looked at Ash in desperation and nodded slowly in pain.