The Trail To Vermillion - Part 2

'...Bulbasaur can you access your Ability Overgrow once again like you did in the Gym?'

'...Err...I-I...I am trying Ash but you see...But...It's like when your girl is riding you for hours now but still you are still blue balled 'cause you just CAN'T cu -'

'OKAY! Okay, shut up! I get the idea...'

Ash Ketchum released a sigh as he walked beside his current travelling companion. One day has passed since Ash left Cerulean and he figured that it would be a good thing to give some training to his pokemon. Which leads him to his current problem...

...He was trying to get Bulbasaur access the same energy that he harnessed during the fight with Marshtomp. The perverted pokemon had also tried his best to pull out the reserved grass type energy but he was failing miserably.

'...According to what Bulbasaur tried to say, he is trying to pull out the reserved grass type energy from a separate reserve but it's like the energy stored there just can't come out...' Ash thought while trying to process exactly what was the problem, '...Like...That would be like adrenaline in humans. An emergency reserve of energy to be tapped onto when danger shows itself...Hmm...' Ash hummed softly as he watched his Kirlia try to learn the new move 'Shadow Ball'. Ash figured that it would be a good idea to give Kirlia a bit more coverage in case a ghost type pokemon is pitted against him. Shadow Ball was one of the best ghost type attacks and Kirlia was psychic type so it would definetly take some time to get Shadow Ball done.

Luxio was getting more and more restless today so Ash figured that his instincts must be acting up once again. Luxio was currently on a 'hunt'. Vibrava was working on a Bug Type move Bug Buzz. Ash figured that it would be useful to counter any dark or psychic types later on.

Magikarp was not going to train till he evolves, Ash had clearly stated. Bagon meanwhile was trying to learn the move Dragonbreath. It was one of the most basic and preliminary moves that a dragon Pokemon could learn. Bagon was now 4 weeks old...Old enough to train and fight, Ash figured.

'...Adrenaline is released during moments of extreme anxiety, stress or anger in humans...Bulbasaur experienced a similar type of influx of emotions during that fight...But his emotions were...determination...anger and...a lust for battle...' Ash's eyes narrowed in concentration as he saw Bulbasaur focus on the bulb on his back to access the energy again.

'...Hey Bulbasaur? Come here' Ash told him. Bulbasaur tilted his head to the side and approached Ash. Ash said to him, '...Bulbasaur...I want you to leave your ability alone for now. Try Razor Leaf instead. That would be easier and fruitful for now...'

Bulbasaur nodded sadly. He wanted to feel that energy again...When he used that energy subconsciously that day he had never felt more...more alive. That energy was liberating. It felt like he could do anything. He wanted to feel like that once again...It was like he could take on hundreds of pokemon and still win...That energy made him want for more battles.

Ash meanwhile sighed as he looked at the setting sun in the horizon. It was going to get dark soon. Ash decided to get some Aura training done himself.

He focused on his inner aura and pulled a small amount from his large reserves. The familiar liberating feeling of using it filled him once again as the purple stones on his gauntlets glowed softly.

Since he had unlocked the 2nd phase of Aura Manipulation that day at the Rocket Attack he had noticed that his reserves were slowly getting...denser. More potent. Ash took a deep breath in guided his aura into his hands. Slowly he imagined a long spear in his mind and opened his eyes. Soon there was a dark purple colored glowing staff in his hand with a pointed edge at the end.