Pewter City!

"HEY THAT'S MY BOULDER! YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR STANDING ON IT!!" Ash turned back to see a man in his mid forties wearing a beige colored t-shirt and green cargo pants yelling at him.

Ash got off the stone and apologized, "I am sorry for standing on your stone. But if it was yours you should have atleast made a marking somewhere" Ash said in his usual monotone and started to walk away.

The man blinked, 'What the hell?', the man shook his head and chased after Ash, "HEY! Don't you want to buy anything? Any Pewter city souvenirs?"

Ash turned back and shook his head, "I must apologize but I am not a collector of such things. Have a good day sir" Ash said with a lying undertone of irritation...Why the hell did he always meet clingy people? *cough*Leafy*cough*.

The man sighed and was about to turn back when he noticed something very...off about this boy...He turned back once again and asked, "Are you here to challenge Brock?"

Ash's eyebrows twitched, 'Doesn't he have any work to do?', He turned back towards the man with his face void of any emotion...although it was getting harder to control his irritation, "Yes sir you are correct, I am a rookie trainer and I am here to challenge Brock"

The man scoffed, "Hmph! You can never beat him"

Ash's blue eyes narrowed dangerously as he glared at the man, "You have no right to judge me or my Pokémon's power level when you don't even know me" He said coldly.

The man sweated a bit under the gaze, "Then I will see you try kid" With that the man turned on his heel and went to sell his rock souvenirs.

'What a weird person...Whatever!' Ash turned back and continued on his way to the Pewter Pokemon center.

After a few minutes of walking through the bustling and yet peaceful stony gray city of Pewter he reached the Pokemon Center...He entered and went straight to Nurse Joy who smiled at him...

"Hi! You are that trainer who my sister told me about isn't it? You saved the Viridian City Center!" The pinkette said looking at Ash...

Ash nodded, "Your statements are correct. Can you please check on my Luxio? He took a pretty nasty Poison Sting attack from a Beedrill..."

Nurse Joy frowned on the bland, emotionless voice of Ash but nodded, she sighed, "Those Beedrill in the Viridian Forest are really a big trouble for anyone who travels through it...Just last year 7 new rookie trainers died at their hand..."

Ash sighed too and nodded and then he smirked lightly...That smirk unnerved Joy, "Well...let's say they will think once again before attacking any trainer with electric pokemon..."

Joy chuckled nervously, "Yeah...alright show me Luxio's Pokeball and here your room for the night. Room number #A64" She gave him a key which he took and thanked her.

Ash handed her Luxio's Pokeball and went towards his room to properly formulate strategies to use...

Hmm...Brock generally uses three Pokemon for rookies, A Geodude, A Rhyhorn and an Onix. For trainers who challenge him for the first badge the match is generally 2-on-2 with Onix a permanent one and another one is either Geodude or Rhyhorn.

So his best bet would be to use Luxio to atleast defeat Geodude or Rhyhorn who Brock chooses and then use Trapinch to beat his Onix. Ash mused to all the different strategies he could use to win...His thoughts trailed to Brock's original team, his famous Steelix was feared throughout entire Kanto along with his other original Pokemon Golem, Rhyperior, another Steelix, a Gigalith and lastly a Omanyte. Those 6 were Brock's original Kanto team.