Chapter23: One game for old times

For a whole week, the gang and I has been teasing David after finding out that Starfire is pregnant with Rex's babies along with Charlie and Ryan which he didn't like so much.
After finding the two 'lovebirds' making love in the garden, David and Henry took both dogs to the vet.

Who confirmed that Starfire has been pregnant for at least seven days.
And when both parents from the two households heard the big news they could not be any happier. Unlike the frenemy who are David and Henry.

Then weekend was here again, and I was having a short drive to the small park that's close to my house since Aunt Gabriella doesn't have stupid Pageant practices where she might yell at me for coming third again.

Mr Oliver opens his bookstore at ten in the morning than eight thirty during the week and since it's only eight fifteen, I could enjoy some time in this amazing place.

The park hasn't changed one bit, it's still as large as it has always been since I was a kid, the grass is still green, and the trees are still standing tall and proud as they give shade to everyone.
And since it's a Saturday, there's a lot of families and friends enjoying themselves with each other with games and just catching up with each other.

There's this one spot that my family and I would always come to that has a small bench that's big enough for us to sit on while having a huge open space where we could do whatever we want.
We could play one on one soccer, have a huge picnic with Raymond and his family, play all types of games and enjoy a small BQQ without anyone telling us that we can't.

As I was walking closer towards our spot, I notice Raymond and some of the guys from his high school who used to play on the same soccer team with him after scoring he spotted me and did this huge celebration that he use to do back in high school.

Running towards me, sliding across the grass with his arms pointing upwards to the left while screaming, "Soulja Boy!!!"

Stopping inches in front of me, standing up to pick me up for a big friendly bear hug which is a little bit over the top.
But that's only because, he gets super excited whenever he plays a sport that we both love equally, "Did you see how I scored? Scott didn't even stand a chance against me."

"Alright, macho, I got the point, now please put me down." I patted his back and he finally puts me down to properly hug me.

Slagging an arm on top of my shoulder while walking slowly to the rest of his friends who kept on playing with themselves, "So, what brings you back to our favourite park, Ray?"

Shrugging his shoulders with a small smile, "I just wanted some space away from campus and since the friends I have there doesn't know how to play soccer, I got some of the boys from high school together to one or three games with me."

"Seriously? Like none of your friends on campus doesn't know how to play soccer?" I couldn't understand how that was suppose, I mean, everyone should know at least one or two things on how to play the game.
They don't need to know how to play the game to the tee, but just some of the basic to enjoy themselves. Shaking his head to answer, "I know, it's a bit sad really."

His friends who were on his team for the day was starting to lose the ball and after three passes, the score was now one all which irritated Ray very much, "Coghill, O'Neal, get your heads in the game!! Come on!!"

Little fun fact that you should know about my friend Ray, he'd played for his school since the eighth grade, he has been caption of the team since the ninth grade for the amount of passion, skill and how good he could work with anyone.

All of this showed on the field, whenever it would seem like the odds were against the team.
Ray would make sure to turn it all on its head and whenever the team is close to victory, he'll make sure to keep that same energy going until the last whistle.