Chapter83: Feels real

'So, this is love, Mm, so this is love'

Twirling and spinning past the two talling bookshelves that had books about agriculture and biology science on plants.
Putting books back on their places in alphabetical order of the authors who wrote them.

It's the first Friday of August. It's a new month, and I've been lowkey dating someone who I generally like and love spending time with. And tonight, we have another date which I'm very excited.

If someone had to tell me back when I was in my senior year that I would be lowkey dating someone. Who's not only the captain of the only soccer team on campus but is also part of my dance crew. I would have told that person, and I quote,

'The only way I would be dating while studying is if horses had grown wings and pigs are singing in opera houses'.

Well, there's no discovery on any of those things, and I don't mind. As long as I'm happy and want to be with this person, then life is great.

'Love is a beautiful song, la da, la la da, la da. Love is a beautiful song, la da, la la da, la da.'

Someone cleared their throat behind me as I reached to put another book between F and G. Looking over my shoulder to find both Gianna and Nolan standing behind me with suspicious grins, "Yes?"

"Singing songs about love while packing books away." Gianna said, raising an eyebrow while Nolan tapped his finger lightly on his chin, "You hardly sing in the store. Let alone talk or think about love songs."

"First time I hear that singing to yourself on shifts is a crime." Lightheartedly chuckling at them trying to play 'Bad and Good cop' with me. It's the first time that they're working together without being nasty with each other. "Also, aren't you two supposed to be behind the till in front?"

"Mr Oliver is on the phone," Nolan answered before stepping in front of me. Blocking my way of leaving the alley way, "Excuse me, Nolan."

Stepping to the left when I tried leaving, then going to the right. That's when I gave him a cheeky smirk, faking my movement of going right. Before spinning around him as he fell for the trap and walked past him.

Walking with five more books in my arms, going to the 'food and cooking' section. The two detectives were mumbling under their breath as they tried catching up with me. Whispering about some methods that they could try while agreeing on who's gonna say or do whatever.

By the time I was standing in the middle of the section, they were standing on either side of me. "Jennifer, as your fellow colleagues, we would like to know why you're singing love songs to yourself?"

"Because I can sing love songs to myself if I want to." I said cheekily. Silently enjoying this little game of teasing the two detectives and seeing how far I can stretch their nerves.

"More specifically, who is making you sing love songs to yourself?" Nolan said bluntly, which Gianna smacked his head for. Staring at her with the same fire, "What? I'm asking the main question."

"Do you know what does 'subtle' actually means, Nolan?" And there's the sarcastic jabbing that I'm used to. Stepping out from between them, putting the last three books away. "What Nolan was supposed to ask. Have you been seeing someone lately?"

Lightly pushing the spin of 'Cooking with Mamma's love' in place, walking out of the alley. Heading straight to the till with Nolan telling Gianna that she was being too soft and treating me like I'm a five year old. She argued that girls aren't like guys who fires questions without thinking.