Chapter90: Birthday gifts

"Jenna!!" Valeria jumped into me as Bell opened the door for me. Slowly walking in with her hunging around my waist, "I missed you."

Kneeling down to hug her properly and kissing her cheek, "I missed you too, cutie pie."

I leaned back to brush some hair from her face while taking it all in. Still trying to place a name to her face, eversince we first met. That mystery still needs to be answered.

"How are you, Jennifer?" Bell said as I stood up to hug her also. Haven't had a hug from her for a while and kinda needed it. With everything that has been going on.

Sighing through my nose before saying, "Just trying to take one day at a time."

Giving me a tight squeeze before kissing my temple, saying, "Everything's gonna be fine."

I know that David told his parents and Charlotte about the break. So, hearing her say that which meant a lot, "Thank you, Bell."

Smiling at me while lightly ceasing my cheek before a very excited Charlotte came running down the stairs, "Jenna!!"

"Happy birthday!!" I sang before we hugged. Today is her and David's birthday, and later today, the gang, Junaid, and I were invited for a very big, intimate party to celebrate tonight.

Then I picked up the gift that I very gently put on the small table by the door when greeting Valeria. "This is for you."

"Ohhh, a big present!" Charlie said, taking it to the table that stood in the center of the hallway. I literally couldn't wait until tonight to give it to her. "Please ignore the horrible wrapping, I was not taught how to wrap gifts from neither of my parents."

I can barely wrap plastic or any cover paper over my notebooks. My parents just wouldn't teach me, yet all three of my older siblings were 'forced' to learn. How's that possible, I have no idea.

Waving her hand with a small click of her tongue, "I honestly don't care, I'm just excited about my present."

Tearing the paper off to reveal a black painted curve with this colorful, wavey design printed on top. Which by Charlie's reaction meant a lot, "OH, oh my goodness, I don't believe this!!"

Dancing on the spot while taking in the Artsy Voiceprint Soundwave Art portrait that I got for her. It has two of the things that she likes, which are music and art.
And this present didn't come cheap, I owe Johnny five hundred bucks for half of the price.

But it was totally worth it for this reaction, "How, where did you take this?"

Shrugging my shoulder with a smile, "Just somewhere, hope you like it."

"I love it." She said, pulling me for a tight hug while jumping on the spot. "I love it so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you Jennifer."

"Your welcome." I said, feeling happy that she liked it a lot. Then I felt a small tag on my shirt.

Looking to the side to find Raven holding the small present box that had a ribbon tied around it, "Who's this for?"

"For David, sweetie." I said, playfully running my finger under her chin. I looked around, not finding him anywhere surprisingly. "Where is your brother?"

Usually, he's either walking around the house or watching TV in the living room. Or coming in from the backyard with a ball in his hand.

Then Bell's face had this sad smile while Charlie looked almost upset, but sad also, "He's in his room."