Chapter62: Facing an unknown rage

"Honestly, Jennifer, you don't have to do this," Bell said for the fourth time, as she closed the top cupboard door. Drying her hands with the drying cloth before loosening her hair from the messy bun. "Madelyn and I could have managed to do the dishes all on our own."

I was drying the last plate before handing it over to her, "I know, but I don't mind helping at all. I like doing the dishes."

Almost tearing up when I noticed Madelyn emptying the kitchen sink. I was hoping that there would have been at least three or five more dishes to dry and pack away. "I haven't done dishes since the 4th of July. Since I'm living on campus, I don't always have home-cooked meals and dishes to clean. Kinda miss it."

"Well then, you're more than welcome to come for dinner whenever you please. And you could help with the dishes as well." Bell offered, which was a bonus. I got a plate of delicious food and got a free card to come for more in the future.

Smiling brightly before saying again, "Thank you again for the lovely dinner, it was very delicious. I very much enjoyed it."

"Thank you, Jennifer. I'm so glad that you've enjoyed it." Bell said happily with a warm smile. Being more excited that she got to feed someone her yummy food.

Maddie giggled softly before admitting, "When I was pregnant with Mitchel, I would only want to eat Bell's food. Poor Derick had tried to cook some of the food whenever there wasn't, but I've become very difficult now and then. Only wanting his Mom's food and no one else's."

Bell's laughter was light and heartedly when she teased, "The poor boy would call begging me to make more food whenever this one isn't satisfied with whatever he made."

"I can't help it if Bell's food is impossible to deny," Maddie said playfully and truthfully. And after having a taste for myself, I wouldn't blame her at all.

That's when David walked slowly into the kitchen after hearing our laughter. Looking at us with a playful smirk, "Did I miss an embarrassing story of Derick that had you three ladies laughing?"

Shaking her head while giving him a dry expression, "No embarrassing stories about your eldest brother, David. Just talking about your Mom's yummy food."

Crossing his arms while having this playful disappointed stare, "Come on, Maddie, it's only fair that Ariel hears one or two embarrassing moments of Derick. We won't tell him, well, she won't."

Raising my eyebrow at his claims as he pointed a finger toward me, putting me in the middle for whatever reason. When he noticed my reaction, he cheekily winked at me. David is truly a different type from other guys.

Pretending to think about it for a moment while Bell made her way out of the kitchen. After giving both Madelyn and me a quick kiss on the cheek for helping out in the kitchen. Smiling at us with this happiness that all parents would have whenever they watch their loved ones enjoy themselves and others' company.

Then, after some time of thinking, Maddie clicks her fingers before saying excitedly, "I could tell Jenna the story about how your brother drunkenly slept in Starfire's kennel after his graduation party."

Gasping before laughing heartedly after hearing that, "Did that really happen?"

Nodding her head excitedly with this big smile while David looked pale and his mouth wide open in shock. Guess he wasn't expecting to hear Madelyn give such a juicy story about Derick, "Oh yeah, it did. Not only that, but he also drank from her water bowl and nearly got into a fight with her over her sleeping pillow."

Covering my mouth, trying to control my laughter with the picture in my mind. Before hearing it, David said frustratedly, "I did not get into a fight with her! Starfire growled when I tried taking the pillow from her, so I went inside and took a pillow from the living room. Also, I didn't know it was her water bowl until the next morning."