leaving it all

As we walked to the cafeteria type place I could see the cave off in the distance. "So what do you guys think about leaving through the caves? The cave is barely anytime." "Yeah I guess that works." "Ok then".

As we walked to leave the caves I contemplated the thought of our wedding. I didn't so I knew I had to leave now. So as one does I was thinking over my life and life choices and embarrassing thoughts. Yes even thought they technically haven't even happened yet I still cringed very hard at that thought of me slipping and falling a knocking the whole 6th grader over. Sixth grade was not a good year for me let's just say. As we walk through the case I could hear the girls make small talk but I just kind of aimlessly listened as we were walking I could hear noise by the caves which is weird because the caves are really secluded. As we got closer I could see that there are people there were probably in trouble. Oh it's just Fergus why is he here. Oh and Claire. I saw them there with two horses and a bags and a basket with food? I think I know what she's doing.

"Girls you're getting out of here now." Claire said frantically. Fergus was looking over making sure no one could see us. "Alana and Annag go home and don't speak of this, ever" they nodded and ran down the hill. Claire had tears in her eyes but she pushed them back and hug me and slipped a note into my pocket. She put her hands on my shoulders side and said "go home, girls." When she said girls she looked at my cousin.

Fergus helped us on to the horse, once we were settled I said "Ill never forget this and what your doing for me" I paused "I love you guys." "I love you to Claire responded in a bitter sweet tone."  "It's getting dark and you best be on your way lassies, it's a long ride." "Your right we, need to go Steph." Lizz looked at me sadly. "Ok."

We got our horses moving and we galloped all through the afternoon and evening, once we knew we were far enough away for it to be some time before they would find us we took a snack/bathroom/sleep break. This was a tough journey we knew we had to make. But our own time and family is what really mattered and that's where we need to be. Not here.

We both laid down to sleep. And when we woke it looked to be noon , but whatever back on the saddles for us. We were riding on the paths and we ran into some red coat's, fuck. "Can I help you ladies?" "No thank you , sir" I said, they were taken aback by my accent . "Well how about you then miss?" "Same for me, I'm good. But thank you for your offer." "Ok, where are you headed?" "Oh we're going to visit our aunt." "Ok, we're might that be?" "Oh in Inverness." "Alright then I'll leave you to it, have a good day now." "You to." As we rode on I could see them following us from a distance. Great. "Lizz don't turn around but the red coats are following us." "Shit." She said in a frustrated tone.