Chapter two

Louis walked into the school head held high and a fake smile plastered on his face. No matter what was happening at home, he was determined to look like a happy person at school. No matter what pain and agony he endured at home, he would put up  his facade. As long as he was perceived to be happy by others, no one would question what was happening at home.

He walked down the front hallway of the school  and turned into the main office. He walked up to the desk hoping that his facade would be believable enough.

"Hi mam" Louis spoke in as clear of a voice as he could.

The woman behind the desk perked up and flashed Louis a bright smile.

"Hi hun, what can I do for you" the woman questioned in a perky tone.

"I'm, I'm new. I need my schedule" Louis replied.

"Of course hun what's your name" the receptionist asked.

"Louis Tomlinson" he replied.

"Oh of course, here is your schedule your tour guide should be here should be here soon" she said.

The receptionist handed Louis the schedule. And smiled brightly.

He looked down at the schedule and smiled. He saw that he had English, algebra 2, history, biology, art, drama, and French. Louis was excited about his English and drama but is dreading math. He waited in the office for five minutes before a boy with blond hair came in.

"Hi, sorry I'm late.  My name is Niall, and I will be your tour guide" the boy said in a happy tone.

"Hi, my name is Louis" he responded trying to match Niall's level of happiness.

"let's show you around the school, I think we have math and history together so I'll see if we can sit together so I can help you" Niall said cheerily.

"that's cool, thanks for showing me around" louis said hoping his façade wouldn't falter. 

Niall showed him around school pointing out all the classes and all of the secret hiding spots. They finished the tour just before first period was about to start. They stopped at Louis locker so that he could drop off his books before heading to his first class.

"Well, here you are this is English, Mrs. Smith right" Niall said.

"Yeah, hey thanks for the tour Niall" louis said hoping his voice could stay confident and strong.   

"No problem louis, see you later, let's have lunch together okay" Niall said before turning away walking to his class.

"Yeah" louis said before turning to walk into his class.

This was going to be a long day louis thought. He already felt dreadfully emotionally exhausted. He didn't know how long he could keep this façade up. He felt like every moment he smiled a piece of is spirit was dying. He could not let anyone know what was happening at home, so he would pretend to be happy no matter the cost.

◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️
I don't know how I feel about this chapter so please tell me your feedback. Sorry for it being so short.

Thank you for reading my story. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

~Sophie