Chapter three

Louis walked into the classroom and all eyes turned onto him. He felt fear wash over him but kept his walls up. He walked confidently to the teacher's desks and flashed her a convincing smile.

" oh hello, you must be Louis Tomlinson. My name is Mrs. Smith and I will be your English teacher" She said smiling brightly.

"Yeah that's me" he said brightly.

"Great you can sit next to Mr. Styles" Mrs. Smith said gesturing to the open seat next to a curly haired boy.

Louis walked down the rows of desks and felt people's eyes searing into him. Louis slid into the seat and the curly haired lad stared at him with piercing green eyes. His eyes seemed to almost pierce through his facade, but Louis stayed strong and would not let the facade waver. The boy glanced away, almost bothered by the sight of Louis. Everyone else seemed unable to look away from Louis.

Louis was relieved when the teacher started the lesson on everyone turned away from him. But the curly haired lad look at him again with a pensive glance that caused Louis to squirm slightly. The boy seemed to relish in the fact that he made Louis slightly uncomfortable.

Louis grabbed his notebook and began to scribble notes. He was not going to let some boy intimidate him he already felt small and weak at home, he was not going to let anyone else see him in that manner.

The class went on and was uneventful, just another trivial English class. Once class was over everyone went back to chatting and gossiping. Louis just wandered aimlessly to his next class which was math. He didn't want to look how he felt internally, so he plastered on a sunshine smile whilst his soul was slowly disintegrating.

He walked into math class and was met with another bright smile from Niall. Niall had a sort of general happiness that radiated from him and made life slightly more bearable. But for Louis is seemed to only remind him about how much he hated life and everyone in it.

"Hey mate, come sit with me" Niall exclaimed happily.

"Hi Niall, good to see ya" Louis said actually happy.

Mabey it was okay to have a friend Louis thought. Mabey he could make friends and maintain his high walls. He decided that he would be friends with Niall. Niall seemed like a nice lad that would make a good friend and be something good in Louis dreary life. 

"How was your first class" Niall said.

"Ah you know same old same old, same English class just another school" Louis said casually

Louis wanted to keep a cool unbothered façade up which was easy when he was around Niall. 
Niall just made people happy with his happy go lucky Irish charm

"Hey why did you move anyway; I don't really know much about you" Niall questioned.

Shit Louis thought, he can't know he won't know. All he had to do was respond in an elusive manner. He would say a version of the truth but not the whole truth, no one could know the whole truth. 

"Oh, erm I live with my dad now. Moved two weeks ago. Nothing special really" Louis said then let go the breath that he didn't realize he was holding.

Louis could tell that Niall wanted to question Louis further, but the bell rang. Saved by the bell Louis thought while sighing. The class was fine, nothing special. Louis solved the grueling math problems none the less and finished all his work. Great more time for his father do unspeakable things to him later tonight. During class he and Niall chatted casually nothing too personal. Louis learned that Niall plays guitar and is on the football team. And Louis made sure not to tell him any pertinent information. He just told him that he also played football back in Doncaster and played the piano.

After class they parted ways again with a short wave. Once Niall left louis felt even drearier than before without Niall radiating happiness near him. He strolled through the hallway and went to biology. This day seemed like it had gone on forever. He both wanted the school day to be over and was dreading going home. He was just going to keep going through the day and doing the best he could.

He arrived at the biology classroom and was directed to sit next to a lad with brown short hair. 

"Hey, I'm Liam, you must be new" the boy said.

"Yep, just moved from Doncaster. I'm Louis" louis replied.

"Guess we are going to be lab partners then" Liam said smiling

"Yeah" Louis said.

The class went without a hitch. He instantly felt like him and Liam were going to be good mates. They spent the entire class period cracking jokes and laughing together, earning them some agitated glances from the teacher. Towards the end of class, him and Liam began to strike up a conversation again.

"You seem like a great guy Louis; you should sit with me and my friends at lunch" Liam said excitedly.

"Sure, sounds great" he replied

Louis was making friends, and everything was starting to look up for him at school. Louis tried his best to focus on his studies but all that he could think of was the curly haired lad with mesmerizing green eyes. The boy enraptured louis with his beauty.

No stop thinking like that. You like girls. There is no way you are going to let anyone know anything that might hurt you. Louis thought.

Louis pushed these thoughts out of his head and walked to lunch with Liam. No one could know he thought of the curly haired boy like that. He was hurt enough at home and could not deal with that from school as well.

◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️
Not a lot happened this chapter. I am trying to establish characters and the setting, sorry it will pick up from here though.

And of course constructive criticism is welcome.