Chapter eight

Louis walked through the door to the drama and was stunned. Harry was sitting in the back of the classroom surrounded by popular girls. Harry wasn't there yesterday, Louis thought that he would actually get a break from him. He enjoyed drama class yesterday but today, today it would be awful. Louis walked over and sat down at one of the desks in the second row. Mr. Hart came into the room and began to quiet down the class.

"Okay guys let's get this class started" Mr. Hart shouted. "Today we will be starting the biggest project of the year. The project will take from now until late May. This project will be worth half of your grade. You will all be creating a play and making a diagram of what the stage will look like. You have complete creative liberty, isn't that exiting. And oh, almost forgot it is a partner project "This caused the class to grumble and argue. "And before you ask no, you do not get to pick your partner. I will pick names out of a hat and that will be your partner. There will be no switching so don't even ask" Mr. Hart added.

The class grumbled and protested but it was no use. Mr. Hart grabbed a prop wizard hat and added pieces of paper that had student's names on them. Mr. Hart shook the hat mixing the names before beginning to pull names out. People started being paired up and moved to sit near each other. The whole class was all almost paired up when Mr. Hart pulled out Louis name. Louis began to panic, and his hands started to sweat. He wiped his hands on his trousers and kept a brave smiling face. Well until he heard who he was paired with.

"Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles will be partners" Mr. Hart yelled.

'fuck' Louis thought. His smile wavered slightly, and he looked back at Harry. Harry looked angry but kept a smug look on his face. Louis sat back in his chair casually. Harry would have to come to him. There was no way in hell that Louis would go to Harry. Why would he do anything to make things easier for Harry.

Harry got up and apologized charmingly to the girls that surrounded him. Harry stomped over to Louis desk and sat down next to Louis. Louis turned and glared at Harry. He wanted to go to the teacher and ask for a new partner, but it was no use. The class all began to chat and plan for the project. Louis and Harry just sat in utter silence neither uttering a single word. All was quiet until Harry spoke.

"You know in order to do the project you do have to talk to me" Harry stated.

"And why would I want to do that. You are an ass, why would I want to talk to you" Louis spat.

"You are an ass yourself. I don't like you, but I need a good grade, so I am willing to work with you" Harry said.

"Willing to work with me really. I do not want to work with you" louis shouted into Harry's face.

"It does not matter if you want to or not Mr. Hart said we don't have a choice. If you want, we can do the project and my house" Harry said.

"No, I'd rather not go anywhere with you alone where you could murder me. So, thanks but no" louis huffed.

"Well fine we will work at your house then. We need to work somewhere" Harry said.

"NO" louis practically shouted. "no, fine ugh we can work at your house" louis said angrily.

"Fine I'm busy the rest of the school week with football but you can come over on Saturday. You can come over at 4:00 PM" Harry said casually.

"Okay. But this doesn't mean anything this is just a project" Louis stated.

"Of course, it means nothing, who would want to be friends with a fag like you" Harry spat.

"Would you stop calling me that I'm not gay" Louis said back at Harry.

"yeah right" Harry retoured.

"Yeah, I'm not okay. Get that through your thick skull. Are you gay because you seem to be the only one bringing it up" Louis argued.

Harry was about to make a vulgar comment back at Louis, but the bell rang, and Louis walked away too fast. Louis saw that his argument flustered Harry, but he pushed the thoughts out of his head. He had more important things to worry about than his trivial problems with Harry.

He walked out the classroom not even bothering to look back at harry. Louis went to the front of the school and saw Liam, Niall, and Zayn standing against a car. They looked as though they had been waiting for someone. Louis approached them and they all beamed at him.

"Hey Lou" Liam said smiling.

"Hey lads" Louis said.

"Hey Lou, we are going to Niall's house to hang out, want to come" Zayn asked.

Louis hesitated for a second. He knew that coming home late would be a bad idea, but he was in immense pain from yesterday and he just couldn't do it. Mabey Troy would be asleep when he came home. Louis knew that that would probably not happen, but he did not want to go back to his house. He decided in that moment that he would go to Niall's.

"Yeah, sure why not" Louis replied.

The boys cheered excitedly. Niall unlocked the car and the boys all got in. The ride to Niall's house was fun, they all sang along to the radio and joked loudly. Niall parked the car in the driveway, and they all headed inside.

"Mi casa es su casa" Niall yelled throwing the front door open.

The house was quite big and felt homey. The house was nothing like Louis' house. Louis house was littered with bottles of alcohol and cigarettes. Niall's however seemed prim and perfect. The boys threw their bags down and plopped on the couch.

"Let's play FIFA" Liam said walking over to set up the game.

The boys played FIFA for an hour and were having a blast. Louis hadn't had so much fun in a long time. They played and snacked and it was like they all had been friends since they were young. Louis flinched when he was handed the controller, but no one said anything about it. Either they didn't notice or didn't care. Louis had no clue whether they noticed that, but he didn't care.

"You guys won't believe what happened in drama class" Louis said.

This was met with a barrage of "what's" and gasps.

"Harry Styles and I got paired together for a project. It's worth half our grade and it take basically all year long" Louis sighed.

"Ah that sucks mate" Zayn said.

"Yeah, and I have to go to his house on Saturday to work on the project" Louis said.

"Yikes, it will be okay though mate just be careful" Liam said.

"Yeah, whatever it is what it is" Louis said sighing.

"Hey, you're still going to try out for the football team on Friday right Louis" Niall asked.

"Yeah, I'm actually really exited I miss playing footie" Louis said smiling.

Niall was very excited that Louis was going to try out, so was Louis. The boys hung out for three more hours but eventually they had to go. Louis was scared to go home but he had to. The boys waved and went home. Louis didn't live too far away so he just walked home. When he got home his father was passed out on the couch. Louis crept up the stairs and went to his room. Louis finished all his homework before crawling into bed and falling asleep. He had his ups and downs thought the day but all in all it was not too bad.

◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️
Thank you all for reading and have a happy Easter if you celebrate it. I really appreciate you all.

There will be a slight time jump in the next chapter just a little heads up :)