Chapter ten

Louis POV

The boys got to the locker room and noticed that it was not too crowded. Louis put his stuff in an open locker and quickly started to change. Luckily no one was looking when he changed his shirt. That would have certainly alarmed people. Louis still had bruises on his back and chest from his father and Harry. Although Harry hadn't beaten him in the past two days which he thought was odd, but ultimately decided not to question. Louis changed his shorts and laced his cleats. Niall took forever to get changed and louis kept bugging him because he couldn't be patient any longer. He was unbelievably excited . Back in Doncaster the team weren't just his friends they were his family. Now louis had no family and could use one.

Niall finally was ready, so the boys headed to football field. The boys were smiling like idiots and were so happy. When they got to the field they were met by the team and the coach. Louis was smiling until he saw Harry who was wearing a shirt that said captain on it. Louis had completely forgotten what he was told before that Harry was the captain and has been on the senior team since freshman year. 'Oh shit' Louis thought. Harry hates him if he is the captain of the team then his chances of getting on the team are slim. Niall noticed too and gave Louis a sympathetic smile.

"Ok lads, there are ten of you and two spots to fill. Eight of you will not be making the team, so you have to show your absolute best to make the team. We don't mess around; we are going to win championships this year. I want nothing but the best, so if you can't give me that then leave" the coach shouted.

"I'm Harry and I am the captain of the Holmes Chapel Highschool football team. I will be assisting coach Stevens with tryouts today. This season is going to be hard we want to win, so all of you must be wanting this. This team is not for the faint of heart" Harry yelled.

These guys seemed verry harsh, but Louis could take it. Niall however was a bit scared of the coach and Harry. Louis old team had beaten Holmes Chapel high many times, so he felt fairly confident. Even though Louis knew he was good he didn't know what Harry might say to the coach. Louis couldn't help staring at Harry's ass in those shorts. 'wait what, no you're straight' Louis thought. Louis pushed all the thoughts out of his head and focused on football. That's what louis has always done; football was his escape from reality.

"Alright boys five laps around the field. Go, go, go" Coach Stevens yelled.

The group of guys started running around the field. Louis was in the front and Niall was not too far behind. Louis was feeling so happy with the wind in his hair he felt free. Most people hate running but Louis actually enjoyed it. After five laps most of the recruits looked like they were dying. Niall was holding his own but looked quite winded. Louis however was smiling and did not look tired at all. Coach Stevens let them have a quick water break then was back to yelling at them.

"Now let's see you all do drills. It is important that you have quick feet and are able to shoot the ball into the goal even with the toughest opponent against you" Coach Stevens yelled.

"I will show you the drills once then me and coach will watch you all do them. I will only be showing you once so watch carefully" Harry yelled.

Harry grabbed a headband out of his pocket and pushed his chocolate curls back, before jogging over to the drills course. Louis watched as Harry preformed each drill with ease. He's not going to lie Harry is good, but so is Louis. After Harry was done the recruits lined up to do the course. Louis was fourth and Niall was sixth in line. They looked at each other and mouthed "good luck" too each other.

Harry's POV

Of course, Louis was trying out he was everywhere. Everywhere He turned he saw the boy with bright blue eyes and feathery brown hair. There was something about Louis that intrigued him. Louis stood up against him. Everyone always let Harry do whatever he wanted even his parents. Louis was different though. There seemed to be some cosmic force that kept pushing Louis and him together first the project and now tryouts. Although he didn't want to admit it Louis was really good. Everyone looked like they were dying after running around the field five times. For Louis though it looked like he just had a leisurely stroll. Harry didn't know Louis was that fit. He noticed that louis could push him back when he tried to fight him but didn't know he was this strong. Harry noticed himself staring at Louis ass as he jogged to get in line to do the drills. Harry knew he was bi but hadn't told anyone except Gemma his sister. He had always been seen as perfect by his friends and family, so he was terrified to tell them. That's why he kept so many girls around, they helped numb him. When he saw Louis, it had sparked his numb heart back to life. The boy was captivating and didn't take Harry's bullshit. He needed to hide his true feelings, that's why Harry made fun of Louis. Louis was perfect and was not even gay, he would never go for him Harry thought.