Chapter twenty seven

Louis' POV

Louis woke up cradled in Harry's arms. He felt safe and comfortable with Harry. Harry was still asleep, so Louis took this moment to admire Harry. He loved Harry's cute curly hair, gorgeous green eyes, dazzling dimples, and lush lips. Every part of harry was perfect. Louis was falling deeply in love with the curly haired boy, and that was scarry. Everything and everyone Louis loved were ripped viciously from him. He didn't want to lose Harry, he loved Harry. He gazed at Harry for what felt like an eternity of blissful love, until Harry's eyes fluttered open. Their eyes met, green met with blue, and butterflies erupted in Louis' stomach. He knew that he could not deny his feelings for much longer. He honesty wanted to tell him that he loved him, but the nagging voice that told him that it was wrong would just not go away.

"Good morning Lou" Harry said in a sexy deep morning voice.

Good morning Hazza" he responded groggily.

"You look cute" Harry said shyly.

Louis blushed nuzzling into his blanket to hide it from Harry, even though it was painfully obvious.

"You are too" He said nervously.

"What do you want to do today Lou" Harry asked.

"Uh, go to school. Today is Tuesday Harry that means we have school" Louis responded rolling his eyes.

"I think my mum will let us stay home after what happened yesterday" Harry said.

"No, we have to go, and I am not missing football practice" he said.

"But Lou you are hurt you shouldn't be practicing if you are injured" Harry said.

"It's not that bad" Louis responded emphasizing on the word that.

"Louis please don't be stubborn about this" Harry said.

"I'm stubborn about everything, we are going. I would love to stay in your warm bed but, I can't miss school or practice" He said.

Louis was scared that if he missed school Troy would get a call asking where he was. Louis didn't want Troy to have another reason to hurt him. He also made a promise to his mum after she died, that he would do well in school and look after the girls. He had already failed at the later promise, so he was determined to fulfill the first one.

"Louis please, let's not go" Harry said pushing his face into his pillow muffling the words slightly.

"Harry, I have to go" he said.

"Why" Harry asked.

"I've made some promises and haven't been able to keep some of them this one I can, I'm going to school" Louis said in a voice slightly laced with frustration. He wasn't frustrated with Harry; he was more so frustrated with life in general.

"Fine, but you have to promise to not shut me out all day and pretend to be fine" Harry said.

"But I am" Louis tried to say confidently, but his voice contradicted that by breaking.

"Louis we both know that is not true. You can take your façade down for me, love. I will not judge you; I am here for you thick and thin. I want to protect you and keep you safe Lou, please don't shut me out. I need you and I think you need me as well" Harry said earnestly.

The words pierced Louis heart; he hadn't had someone care so much for him for a long time. He was glad that if he was going to lower his walls for someone, it would be for Harry.

"Okay" Louis said lowly. "It's just hard I am used to protecting everyone else, it's hard to accept help from anyone, but I'm glad it's you Haz. I think I do know you, wait no I know I need you" Louis said staring into Harry's eyes.