Chapter four

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I never thought anyone wanted to read it and I felt it was not good enough. But oh well fuck it I will keep writing.

◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️

Louis and Liam arrived in the cafeteria. It was large and full of people and noise. The amount of people caused turmoil inside of louis. Louis knew he had to keep up the lies that he has put in place. He kept repeating his mantra in his head, 'you are happy, no one hurts you, you're a normal kid like everyone else'. Every time he repeated it in his head, he felt a bit stronger, and it felt almost bearable to keep his smile from wavering. He was pulled away from his thoughts when Liam spoke.

"Louis these are my friends" Liam said gesturing to the people at the table. He saw the blond-haired lad and felt more at ease.

"Hey Ni, good to see you mate" Louis said smiling. Instantly Louis scolded himself for being too forward when talking to him. Sure, Louis wanted to be friends with Niall and Liam but did not want to push his luck. He knows no one would want to be friends with someone as ugly, stupid, and worthless as him.

"Hey Lou, nice to see you" Niall said brightly.

Louis slid into the seat next to Liam and kept his smile up. This is good he reminded himself, friends are good. He wanted friends but didn't want anyone getting close enough to know what happens at home. He was going to keep his two-worlds separate. The world of pain and misery that was his home, and the world of smiles and friends could never ever clash.

He was pulled out of his thoughts again when a boy with raven hair came towards the table and began rambling loudly.

"What the hell Niller, how could you do that to me last night. When did you get so good at Call of Duty? You bloody murdered me mate". The boy exclaimed clapping Niall on the back. His accent was thick, and Louis could not tell where exactly he was from.

"What are you talking I've always been good at Call of Duty" Niall retorted.

"Bullshit Niall, you have been playing without me" the boy exclaimed angrily.

Niall was about to reply but was cut off by Liam.

"Language Zayn. How many times do I have to tell you not to swear" Liam said in a stern tone.

The boys all started laughing and louis joined in as well. He felt an instant connection with the boys.

"Sorry Li, I'll try to swear less" The boy said with a huff as he plopped down beside Niall.

The table fell silent, and the boy looked at Louis confused. Liam and Niall looked at each other for a second then shared an "aha" moment.

"Zayn this is Louis he is new" Niall said gesturing to Louis. "Louis this is Zayn, he is our best friend" Liam said gesturing to Louis.

"Nice to meet you Zayn. Hey where are you from you have a bit of an accent" Louis asked.

"Nice to meet you too mate. I'm from Bradford, I move a couple of years ago. That's how I met Nillar and Liam, we met back in freshman year when I moved here. You've got an accent yourself where are you from" Zayn said brightly. (freshman equals year ten, sorry I am American)

"Um yeah I'm from Doncaster, moved just a couple of weeks ago" louis responded trying to hide his sadness. He loved living back in Donny, there he was happy and had never felt like a worthless burden.

The boys chatted and ate together. Well, the boys ate and chatted, and louis only chatted. Louis had no money for food so he just talked and hoped no one would notice, but they did.

"Hey where's your food Lou" Liam asked looking concerned.

Louis panicked for a second but then quickly created a lie. "Oh, I was so nervous for my first day that I forgot to bring lunch money" louis responded casually and laughed.

"Here" Zayn said and threw a granola bar at Louis.

"No, it's fine this is your food I can't take it"

"It's fine Louis, my mum packs them for me every day even though I don't like them. Niall likes to nick them from me, that boy will literally eat anything he tried to eat Liam's hand once" Zayne said.

"That was one time" Niall yelled causing the other boys to laugh.

"Thanks mate" Louis said taking a bite of the granola bar.

He felt so glad to actually be eating something. He cursed himself in his head though. Food would only make him fatter than he already was, and he thought that he was fat enough already. Even before Louis was told by his father that he was fat and ugly he though that. Louis never liked his stomach or his thighs and thought that his butt wad too big. He truly hated his feminine figure.

He felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand up, someone was definitely looking at him. Louis turned around and his gaze met with the curly haired boy from earlier. The boy looked at him again with piercing eyes, just like he did in class. Louis felt uncomfortable under the boy's gaze and squirmed quietly in his seat. The curly haired boy looked back to the girls that were surrounding him and laughed heartedly. This boy was weird, and Louis felt warry of him. Louis had to find out more about this mysterious boy. He turned back around and faced his new friends.

"Who is that guy" Louis asked gesturing to the curly headed boy that was surrounded by girls and what looked like the football team.

"That's Harry Styles. He is like the most popular guy in this school. He is the star on the football team" Niall responded.

"He's a bit of a player though, always is with a new girl. Never hangs onto them long though" Zayn adds.

"I'd be careful of him if I was you, Louis. He is competitive and no one crosses his path. He is the king of the school and no one I mean no one gets in his way" Liam adds

"Okay, he keeps staring at me though, it's quite weird" louis says.

"Yeah, that's probably because your new. Harry likes attention and does not like when people are paying attention to anyone but him. Be careful he may seem nice, but he is bad news if you cross him. Promise that you will be careful" Liam says.

"Fine, I promise" louis says.

The rest of lunch went fine the boys chatted and instantly it felt like Louis had known them forever. Louis knew that people were looking at him and gossiping about him. Louis did not like the extra attention but would never say anything about it. Every once in a while, he could feel Harry staring at him but when he turned around Harry would be chatting and laughing with the crowd of people around him.

Suddenly the bell rang signaling the end of lunch the boys stood up and parted ways muttering goodbyes. Louis had art class and the other boys had other classes that were on the other side of school. Louis was heading to his art class when he was suddenly slammed into the lockers by someone behind him.

◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️◽️
Cliffhanger sorry had to. The story is starting to pick up :)

I hope you liked this chapter. I will write more if you guys would like me to.