four; le jazz hot

Vee didn't have a ride anymore. Puckerman wasn't picking up his phone, so she begrudgingly decided to walk to school. That wore her out and almost made her late. Not to mention, she was a sweaty mess. So for the rest of the day, Vee was tired and gloomy.

Screw you, Puck.

Vee walked into the choir room, taking a seat next to Santana and in front of Kurt. She set down her backpack, although it seemed more like a drop with the loud thud it made.

"You look like a mess," Kurt said, happier now knowing that his father was fine.

Vee smoothed down her hair. It had gotten so frizzy that even after hours of school, it was still puffy. Slumping down in her seat, she tried not to pick at her Cheerios skirt. It was a bad habit she had picked up after Sam's shoulder was hurt during the football game the week before.

"I feel like one. Puckerman ditched me this morning," Vee scoffed. "I had to walk."

"Since when did you take rides with Puck?" Santana eyed her.

Santana was crazy protective over her boyfriends — especially Puck. She had been this way with Mercedes last year, and Vee was not trying to start a fight. Especially not with Santana.

"He's the only one that actually gets me places. Don't worry, I don't have eyes for your man," Vee stated.

That famous Santana Lopez smirk was plastered on her face once again. "Right, because you have eyes for — "

"All right, let's gather round," Mr Schue interjected. "Sorry I'm late, guys. I was with Principal Figgins. Bad news, guys. Puckerman's in Juvie."

Oh. That explained it.

"Wait, what?" Vee looked pissed, and she definitely was. Congratulations Kurt, you were Vee's new ride. "What the hell did he do?"

"He drove his mom's Volvo through the front of a convenience store, and drove off with the ATM," Mr Schue replied as everyone else was howling with laughter. Well, everyone except Vee.

"When's he getting out?" Vee furrowed her eyebrows, picking at her Cheerios skirt.

"Unknown."

"He might be the dumbest person on this planet, and that's coming from me," Brittany said in between fits of laughter.

"Guys! Let's have some sympathy," Mr Schue said, looking just as appalled as Vee did. Maybe a little less, no one looked as enraged as Vee.

"For a guy who put his needs before the teams? We need his voice, and his bad-boy stage presence," Finn said, completely disregarding the fact that his best friend was in juvie.

"We can't look at this as a crisis. It's an opportunity," Mr Schue tried to get them hyped.

"For what? Me walking to school for the rest of the year?" Vee spat, earning confused looks from the rest of the club.

Vee was unreasonably angry about this. And no one but her knew exactly why. Well, you do too, but let's keep that quiet.

"Not quite, Vee. For welcoming our new member Sam Evans!" Sam rushed into the choir room as Vee's face lit up.

Santana nudged her ribs. "Today's your lucky day Donahue," she smirked again.

"Hey, everybody. I'm Sam. Sam ... I am. And I don't like green eggs and ham," he smiled chirpily to the rest of the choir room.

"Oh, wow. He has no game," Santana narrowed her eyes, earning a painful nudge from Vee to shut up.

"Okay! This is gonna be great. You're not going to regret joining, Sam," Finn immediately switched to leader mode. "Sam, you sit right — "