twelve; pretty young thing

Vee was conflicted.

On the one hand, she'd finally passed her driving test, making her eligible to drive any car at any time. She was waiting for this day for a very long time, she would shove it in Sam's face. He so deserved it.

But there was the Quinn thing. The whole cheating thing was complicated. Was she supposed to tell Sam? She obviously wanted to, but ever since that night, it'd become more unclear than ever.

She would just ignore them, it would make it all easier. For the time being, at least. But what would happen when she ignored Quinn so much that their newfound friendship ceased to exist? They'd just gotten on good terms with each other, and Quinn had obviously trusted her a lot.

But she was still with Sam, even after her kiss with Finn. And Vee was extremely guilty. She couldn't lie, especially not to Sam. It was stupid how easily he could see through her. She fiddled with her less frilly tennis skirt to calm her nerves, the sleeves of her sweater falling slightly at the movement.

"This sucks," Santana rolled her eyes, sitting next to Mercedes, Rachel, and Vee.

It was Valentine's Day, and they were the only four girls who didn't have any dates. It was gross, Vee couldn't stand looking at all the love in the room.

"I just want a teddy bear or some chocolates. I don't care about the person that comes along with it," Vee shrugged, avoiding eye contact with all the couples.

"Nice try, we all know who you're in love with," Mercedes teased, making a kissy face at her.

"Wait, who?" Rachel asked with a frown.

"I am not in love," Vee defended herself, pretending she didn't hear Rachel.

"Yes, you are," Mercedes fought back.

"Is anyone going to answer my question?" Rachel asked, raising her voice.

"No, because you and your enormous beak will squawk it over to Quinn," Santana snapped.

Vee glanced at Quinn with her mention, and she noticed her looks at Finn and Rachel. It was obvious she wasn't paying attention to Sam, but he didn't seem to care. He was in love. With Quinn Fabray. Nothing could take the sick feeling away.

"All right, guys, I have one word for you," Mr Schue said, writing the word 'love' on the whiteboard. Brittany raised her hand and he called on her.

"Is it 'love'?" she asked to a nod. "I'm totally going to graduate now."

"Valentine's Day is coming up, so for this week's lesson, I want you guys to pick a partner, because you're going to sing to them what you think is the world's greatest love song," Mr Schue announced to applause and excitement.

"I think I'll sit this one out," Vee mumbled to Mercedes.

"Mr Schue, can I say something?" Finn asked, stepping to the front of the room. "I just wanted to point out that for the first time, an entire week has gone by without any one of us getting slushied."

Everyone applauded at the announcement, happy that they were treated like actual human beings. McKinley's students set the bar low.

"I think the fact that I led the football team to a Conference Championship might have something to do with it. Fact is that I'm the closest thing that this Glee Club has to a celebrity right now. And just like a famous athlete, I want to give to a charity. You guys."

"So we're just a charity to you? Are you too good for us now?" Vee raised her eyebrows, scoffing.

"So, I'm setting up a kissing booth for a dollar a smooch, and donating the proceeds to Glee Club to help us," Finn ignored her.