fifity five; all out of love

They were doomed.

Vocal Adrenaline was perfection and The New Directions were, ironically, directionless. Vee didn't know what to do and combined with Sam's situation, she needed an escape. Thankfully, Sue provided her with one.

"I am here to inform all three teams that I, Sue Sylvester, will be judging this year's McKinley High Show Choir Invitational," she announced to gasps and shocked expressions.

"What? That's crazy," Mr Schue stood up from his seat in frustration.

"I run this school now," Sue said, disregarding any complaint he had. "My school, my rules. And speaking of rules, I would like to outline the rules for this year's invitational."

"Wait, Sue, you can't change the rules after one team has already performed," Mr Schue interrupted once more.

"Sure I can," she once again ignored his issues as he sat down, throwing his hands in the air. "Rule number one: this year's theme is 'old school.' Rule number two: there are no more rules. The Dalton Academy Warblers will perform tomorrow, and The New Directions will perform the following day."

"Wait, this is a three-day competition?" a Warbler asked in disbelief.

"Where will we sleep?" another Warbler sitting next to him asked.

"I imagine you two will sleep inside one another," Sue responded. Vee had to hold in a laugh, covering her mouth with a fist as the two Warblers were too stunned to speak. "I've chosen to extend the invitational in an effort to give the New Directions enough time to come up with the requisite 12 members, which is the only show choir rule anyone remembers and yet every year is surprised by."

"This is insane. We should all boycott," Kurt said extremely loudly with his arms crossed.

"No, Porcelain. This is happening. Each team will perform at this invitational. Even if one show choir's co-director is kidnapped and held against his will, causing him to miss the performance."

The silence was louder than the microphone feedback that echoed as Sue stared deep into Kurt's eyes. Ominous. Watching as Rachel then stood up to go confront Mr Schue about show choir drama, Vee took it as her cue to leave, carefully getting out of the crowded auditorium.

Only to bump into the new queen bee.

She had jumped back from her previous position where she was leaning against the wall, clearly watching the earlier performance. It seemed as though she was hastily making an escape before anyone noticed. But Vee did.

"Watch where you're going," Kitty snapped, glaring at her.

Kitty was in her Cheerios uniform, as usual. Her hair was tied in a tight high ponytail, a single curl cascading down her back. She had that weird bitchy judgy look she did all too often and her arms were crossed as she looked Vee up and down.

"You're really irritating," she replied without giving it a second thought. She didn't really feel bad about it after, though. "What are you even doing here? I thought you hated glee club."

"I do," she said simply. "I wasn't watching them."

"For the manipulative bitch I hear you are, you really suck at lying," Vee responded. "You should rejoin."

Kitty stifled a laugh. "You're gonna say all these mean things to me then expect me to rejoin your dumb little club? No way."

"That's fair," Vee said, softening her expression. Though she didn't particularly like Kitty in any way, shape, or form, it wasn't like Rachel was going to be the one to convince her to rejoin. "What, do you want me to shower you in compliments?"