twenty two; driver's license

New York. The city that never sleeps. Filled with unfriendly people and even unfriendlier animals. Nevertheless, Vee loved it.

Nationals. She was performing with an original song, and if they didn't win, it would be a tragedy. The New Directions needed to be their best, but Mr Schue wasn't exactly letting them. After his decision to revert back to their group numbers, the glee club thought something good might come out of it. Nothing did so far.

Cooped up in their tiny hotel room, they couldn't think of anything to write about. Vee was getting restless — she'd already written her song, so she had no idea why she was forced in with them. Don't get her wrong, she did want to help with the group number, but she was pretty drained from writing her solo.

Her solo. A song that she didn't know how she felt about. She'd first attempted to write it way back when Sam and Quinn were dating, but she wrote a total of four lines. The second time she tried writing it was just after the kiss that never happened. She'd changed the title from Enough for You to Driver's License, feeling inspired by the heartbreak. And the third attempt — the one where she actually finished it — was written right before prom. Big mistake, they'd both confessed their feelings during it. But she loved the song, and she wanted to showcase months of hard work. So she showed it to Mr Schue. And he adored it.

They were all sat down, Brittany, Artie, and Puck ready to give them a performance of the song they had just written. As the performance progressed, the more Vee got confused. Entitled 'My Cup,' it seemed as though Brittany was actually singing about ... a cup. Everyone knew this was a dead-end, if Mr Schue wasn't going to accept Santana's original song, this wasn't going to cut it. Yet amongst the bewildered expressions, Vee and Santana were carefully hiding their laughter. This might have been her favourite song of all time. Sorry, Haunted.

"Hold on. Are you singing about a cup?" Tina asked with a frown once they finished their song.

"Yeah. Totally," Brittany nodded naively.

"We gotta get out of here," Quinn stood up, looking fed up.

Finn had broken up with her, or at least that was what Kurt told her. It was evident that Quinn did not want to be there, she seemed like she wanted to take a break. From glee club, from everything. Vee felt bad for her, though she didn't want to say it out loud. She knew how much sympathy sucked.

"Agreed," Vee stood up, taking her coat.

"Wait. No, no, no. Mr Schue gave us explicit instructions," Rachel protested.

"To write a song. And I've already written mine, see you," Vee was ready to head out the door before Kurt's deadly glare stopped her.

"Our problem is that our only inspiration are mattresses and bathroom cups," Quinn said. She raised a good point, though 'My Cup' was a masterpiece.

"Quinn's right. We're in the artist capital of the world. Poets, musicians, actors, playwrights. Every dreamer that's ever lived has passed through this city. If we want our dreams to come true, we need to be out there with them, not stuck in here," Puck agreed, putting down his guitar and grabbing his coat.

Finn immediately stood up. "Guys, I don't think this is a good idea. I mean, we still got those songs to write. If we don't write them, we're gonna lose."

"No, they're right. Can't you hear the city calling to you?" Lauren agreed unexpectedly. The last she heard, Lauren was trying to sabotage Quinn.