twenty five; run the world

Passing out presidential pins with Kurt, she tuned his and Rachel's voices out. She'd completely forgotten that he and Brittany were running for senior president, she was too preoccupied with school and glee and everything else that was going on.

She didn't dislike Rachel. Sure, she was incredibly annoying and selfish, but she was nice when she wanted to be and she was still a part of what felt like her second family. However, she didn't enjoy third-wheeling her and Kurt. Listening to them drone on about NYADA got tired very quickly. But she still tried to, it was their future. She didn't want them to tune her out when she was talking about fashion school.

"Nice blouse, Hummel. Really brings out the colour of your pink eye," Santana insulted with Brittany by her side. That brought Vee back to reality, listening intently as she tried to figure out what was happening.

"So, I assume I can rely on your vote, Rachel," Brittany said to which Rachel responded with a shake of her head.

"I'm sorry, Brittany, but I've already pledged my fidelity to Kurt," she replied, though it didn't sound like she was very sorry.

"Vee?" Santana questioned with a stern gaze.

"Sorry. Voting for Kurt," she replied. Brittany was nice, but Vee was sure she wouldn't do anything of worth. Kurt deserved it, he'd been working so hard.

"Oh, so you're cool with flushing McKinley High's future down the magical poop-stealing water chair? Did you know that in the past six years at this school, we've only exclusively had male student council presidents?" Brittany said in an attempt to get them to vote for her.

"And yeah, Kurt looks like Jimmy Fallon's butch daughter, but a vote for him would only empower yet another frank and beans," Santana insulted once more.

"Yes. Where has that patriarchy gotten us?
Double-digit inflation, economic freefall, oil spills, war in Afghanistan," Brittany added. As much as she hated to admit it, she had a point. It was time for a female senior class president at school, and boys at the school had not done a very good job at holding the school together. But it was Brittany. Don't get her wrong, she wasn't dumb or anything, she had some of the best emotional intelligence Vee had seen, but senior class president? Brittany never seemed like a leader or anything. Who knew.

"I tweeted about Britt's flash mob pep rally in the gym, and we're all showing up to support her with girl power," Santana said as heaps of students made their way towards the gym.

"Yes, boys have made one hell of a mess in this school, and there's only one way to clean it up."

Santana led the three of them to the gym, where pretty much all of McKinley High was. She might've underestimated just how popular Santana and Britt were because everyone was impatiently waiting for whatever Brittany had in store to start. When it did, she knew Kurt was doomed.

A whole song and dance number to Beyoncé's Run the World was sure to get her votes. Not only that, but many other girls joined her in support. A look of disdain appeared on Kurt's and Vee's faces, she likened this whole performance to hairography week — it was all for show. It was catchy though, she'd give her that.

Once it ended, the gym erupted in cheers. "Hi. I'm Brittany S. Pierce, and I'm your next senior class president," Brittany announced, only making it louder. Rachel and Kurt shot each other looks, knowing it would be much harder to beat her.

...

Vee had been walking through the halls of McKinley High, seriously contemplating whether she should help out with choreography. Dancing was fun, but she loved fashion. Whatever, she had enough on her plate anyway. She was heading to booty camp, Mike had requested her presence after his dad almost made him quit glee club. He was a wreck, but thankfully managed to still stay.