seven; haunted

Mr Schue and Figgins were unfortunately out with the flu, leaving Sue to somehow be principal. Vee was impressed yet scared as Sue was, well, the most insane person at McKinley. Rachel was a close second, with her attempts to take over glee club failing as five people had to hold Santana back from maiming Rachel. That left the glee club flailing with no adult to help them get back on their feet.

"Luckily for my sanity, I managed to get us a substitute," Kurt said, walking towards the choir room next to Vee.

"At this point, anyone is better than Rachel," Vee sighed. Rachel's antics were selfish as always, and everyone was happier when she stayed quiet. Not that they hated her all the time, only most of it.

"She's a substitute, she can sing, and she's lots of fun," Kurt explained, turning a corner. "I just hope I made the right decision."

Spotting the choir room, Kurt sped up his walking as he was excited for the things to come. Not realising the floor was buttered, he slipped and fell backwards.

Clasping a hand to her face like the other members of the glee club, she tried to help Kurt up without falling, but wasn't close enough to reach him.

"Puck, I hate you," she turned to him, knowing it was entirely his plan.

"Woah, I didn't do it," he raised his hands up to surrender, but forgot that the butter was still in his hands. Placing it on the piano, Vee raised an eyebrow at him as he tried to play it cool. "Hate is a strong word."

Scoffing at his stupidness, she looked at the piano. "Brad won't like that," she commented, glaring at Puck.

Vee tried moving to the other side of the choir room, but Finn blocked her with a mischievous grin on his face. She would so get him back for this. Rolling her eyes, she started to walk carefully past the buttered floor, but overestimated how fast she could go.

A loud gasp escaped her lips as she slipped expectantly, arms flailing to find something to hold onto. That something turned out to be Puck's torso.

Wrapping his arms around her waist, the entire choir room stopped talking and stared in surprise as Puck caught Vee. He slipped slightly, but had no trouble holding her.

Sam stared at them, refraining from turning it into a glare as Quinn was sitting next to him with her jaw set tight. He unconsciously noticed that the position they were in was very similar to the one that Jack and Rose held and felt a tinge of jealousy for a reason he couldn't quite place. But he, much like the rest of the glee club, couldn't turn away from the train wreck.

"Hate me less now?" he said in a low voice with his signature trashy smirk on his face, a Puckerman specialty.

"You suck," Vee breathed, staring at him. She never noticed how sharp his jawline was, or that he bothered to wear cologne. Standing up straight and letting go of his shoulders, she didn't realise how tight she was holding him. Her hands were red, but she ignored it and she pursed her lips slightly as she smoothed out her Cheerios skirt.

"A thank you would be nice," Puck replied loudly, staring after her.

"Thanks for not letting me break my spine," she mocked as Artie glared. The entire glee club was silent as they watched Vee take a seat next to Tina.

Mercedes and Kurt's mouth hung wide open while Santana's arms were crossed. Her anger seemed manufactured, as if she hadn't really cared about Puck. It would make sense as the week before she did everything in her power to let the glee club know she liked him a lot. The overcompensatingly long kisses, the draped legs, the glaring and fighting. It was obvious to anyone who paid attention that she didn't like him. At least not anymore.