forty nine; the very first night

"Jules, I think I'm gonna throw up."

Vee was pacing around the living room, Kurt, Sam, and Santana anxiously waiting for moral support. Ever since the text had been delivered, Vee had been stressed about what it entailed. Was Genevieve wanting to meet her or did she want to get back together? She was terrified and jittery and a mess. So calling Juliet was the only option she deemed appropriate.

"Calm down, it's not like she's asking you to elope with her and run back to college," Juliet's cool Italian accent quipped through the screen.

"We don't know that!" Vee exclaimed. After a beat of silence, she sighed. "Look, you know how Gen is, what am I supposed to do now?"

"Meet her. She texted you an address and a date, so go," Juliet insisted.

Looking to the trio for help, Vee had realised quickly that she wasn't going to get an answer she liked. Kurt and Sam held guilty expressions as they silently agreed with Jules, Santana crossing her arms.

"Your European girlfriend is right. None of us knows this Genevieve, but she can't be a total demon if you dated her," Santana reasoned.

Vee had a thought about that choice of words. Santana wasn't entirely right for once, Genevieve was a total demon. At least to Vee she was. Jules had said she was villainising her ex and she had done so beforehand with Sam, though to a lesser degree, but Vee vehemently disagreed. She never villainised anyone, she tended to see the good in them. She didn't feel any bitterness toward Sam, after all, she dumped him. But with Genevieve, the story was far more complicated. She had a right to feel angry at what happened, nothing could change her opinion on the matter. So she was certainly not overreacting.

"Am I on speaker?" Jules' annoyed tone snapped her out of her thoughts.

" ... Yes," Vee answered shamefully.

"Well, they know about everything, right?" Jules questioned, expecting another 'yes'.

Yet another beat passed, and a sigh sounded from Juliet's mouth. Kurt and Santana exchanged yet another look, and the two silently debated who was the one who was going to answer Juliet.

(Santana secretly wanted to do it, but loyalty to Brittany drove her away from doing so).

"Just to ask — what does 'everything' cover exactly?" Kurt questioned.

"You know, the fight," Genevieve answered plainly.

All wide eyes travelled towards a guilty-looking Vee as she nervously chuckled, stopping her pacing. Santana had a look that screamed betrayal and irritation, akin to Vee's when she had heard about Sam and Mercedes' love affair.

"The fight?" Santana questioned threateningly, standing up. "You actually fought? You? And none of us knew about it?"

Vee understood that Santana was furious and resented the fact that this information wasn't relayed to her, but her mocking words still stung as they pierced her self-esteem.

"Calm down, there's probably a good reason as to why she didn't say anything," Sam also stood up, though he was only doing so in case Santana had decided to let Snixx take over.

"Okay, you know what? If Vee isn't going to tell you the big story with her and Gen, I will. Through an unbiased lens," Jules declared, cutting the argument short.

Santana had scoffed as Sam wordlessly reasoned with her to sit down. She begrudgingly did so, though she would later claim it was because Juliet had 'sounded hot and seemed like a cool person.' Vee knew there was a truth to the statement, but she also knew Santana had a soft spot for her.