twenty eight; rumour has it

The Troubletones were to gather in the auditorium, as per Miss Corcoran's request. Santana and Vee were walking there together because things were still extremely tense between her and Mercedes. Needless to say, it wasn't getting any less awkward. But all she had to do was ignore her in rehearsals. It was simple.

"We're so gonna win Sectionals," Santana said, determined. She couldn't stop talking about her competition with the New Directions, it was getting pretty tiring. But Vee couldn't deny that she didn't share the same desire to win.

"I mean, they still have Rachel, Mike, Artie, Blaine ... "

"And we have me, you, Britt, and Mercedes," Santana said carefully, hoping to not upset her.

Noticing it, Vee rolled her eyes. "I'm not an unhinged maniac or anything, I won't go ballistic if you mention her name." Ironically, she didn't want to mention her name.

"Yeah, I hope so," Santana said quietly. "But my point is that we have some really strong singers and dancers. Or at least, no one as bad as Finn, who looks like a sack of potatoes whenever he so much as moves his arm," Santana insulted.

"Lay off Finn. He's getting better," Vee defended. Finn was still her friend, regardless of whether or not he annoyed her at times.

"He is not. Don't lie to yourself," she replied. Santana had a slight point, but Vee would never let her know that.

"Not the point," Vee responded as she entered the auditorium, the rest of the Troubletones gathered there.

"What are you doing here?" Rachel asked with her arms crossed, The New Directions standing behind her.

"Shelby told us she had something to show us," Mercedes replied. "What are you doing here?"

"Mr Schue said the same thing," Finn replied.

"Let me guess, he wants to combine choirs for Sectionals," Santana said enthusiastically. "Well, it's not gonna happen. The Troubletones are here to stay. So why don't you shuffle your busted choir off our stage."

"Look, you guys, we can compete without being enemies. All right? We don't have to get vicious," Finn tried to calm Santana down. It only made her meaner, if that was even possible.

"Oh, I think we do, Soft Serve," Santana replied in her usual bitchy tone. "See, the Troubletones are 3F: fierce, femme, phenomenal."

Vee did not agree to her saying that, as shown by the frantic shaking of her head to Mike and Tina as they laughed as quietly as they could.

"Oh, and, guys, hurry up, go get some moist towels. We have to keep Finn wet before we can roll him back in the sea," Santana added to roaring laughter from some of the Cheerios who were now in the Troubletones. Vee didn't know their names. Like, at all. And she was their captain at one point.

She didn't appreciate the jabs at Finn's, or anyone else's appearance made by Santana, which was probably why she was so opposed to Trouty Mouth. It made her uncomfortable, Santana's insults were extremely hurtful when they weren't about people's appearances. When they were, Vee could only imagine the amount of hurt she would feel if she was the target of them.

"Okay, you know what Santana? Finn is in great shape, and your meanness only highlights your own personal insecurities," Rachel fought back, defending her boyfriend. Vee was inclined to take her side, Santana had been insulting Finn far more than she ever had lately. And knowing Finn, it could only go so far without long-lasting consequences.

"And, Rachel, your moustache is thicker than a Middle Eastern dictator's," Santana quipped, causing Rachel to quiet down. She had to admit that Santana was pretty creative with her insults and that they were a little bit funny when they were not directed at her.