fifteen; landslide

Sexy was the theme for this weeks glee club lesson. Creepy? Definitely, but Mr Schue had planned worse lessons before. She just had to deal with it like everyone else.

What was worse was the aftermath of the previous week. The New Directions performed Tik Tok at the assembly, and two people threw up onstage. It was a miracle Principal Figgins thought it was all special effects. She doubted the janitor thought the same.

But there was one upside to the lesson — Holly Holliday was back and better than ever. Vee loved her, she was fun and a complete departure from Mr Schue's usual biased way of teaching. Not to mention, she gave her twenty dollars after her win at gangster rap musical chairs.

On the phone with Kurt, she was in her room as she tried to sketch a new project. Jupiter was playing with her stuffed Hello Kitty doll, making no sound. Kurt was freaking out about Sue feeding The Warblers information about the New Directions doing sexy as a theme. She wasn't surprised, Sue loved tearing them down.

"He said I looked like I was having gas pains when I tried to be sexy," he huffed.

"Ouch. I'm sorry, this lesson sucks and it's kind of our fault you have to sit through it. Mr Schue's only doing it because Brittany thought storks bring babies," Vee said. She heard a gasp from Kurt over the line. "He is a grown man, and quite frankly, I'm creeped out."

"Well, the New Directions are his only friends," Kurt replied. "That does sound creepy."

"Right?" she asked, adding colour to her sketch. She had been severely neglecting her fashion book ever since she'd harnessed her real-life pain into her songs, and if she wanted to get into fashion school, she had to keep on working on it.

"Anyway, Blaine's coming over tomorrow to help me with my sexy faces," Kurt said casually.

Jupiter looked up from her position on the bed, clearly just as shocked as Vee was. Vee furrowed her eyebrows. One, that made her think that Blaine had a giant crush on Kurt. And two, why? The whole lesson was stupid, they were teenagers. And if the point was to teach them about sex, then who was doing it at Dalton?

"Kurt, you're seventeen. You don't need to be sexy," Vee argued.

"Well, it seems like I do. Everyone else has got it down and I'm just this innocent baby," he scowled.

If Jupiter was a human, she would be laughing hysterically, saying something like: "Vee, honey, you're even more inexperienced than him. You're the innocent baby."

"Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I had my first real kiss last week. At seventeen," Vee tried to cheer him up.

"We may be pathetic, but at least we have good skin," Kurt shrugged.

"It's not pathetic, we're kids. We don't have to be experienced," she fought back.

"True. But I think it's pathetic that your first kiss was with Puck and not Sam, the person you're in love with," Kurt replied.

"It's not my fault he doesn't like me," she grumbled.

She left out the bit where she confessed her feelings to him while he was drunk because that was an obvious low point. She didn't talk to him at all after the party out of fear that he remembered.

"Just talk to him, you'll be fine," Kurt advised. "Don't let your feelings get in the way of your friendship."

"You're right, as much as I hate to admit it," Vee sighed. "It's just so complicated."

"Of course it is. You're in love," Kurt replied.

"I miss you," she sighed. Things would be so much easier if he wasn't at Dalton.