Chapter 18: Best Friends

"Taeyeon-ah, I wanted to talk to you if you would allow me to. I wanna explain my side, please." Yuri stood up from her seat and bended a little while speaking to the blonde.

"And what makes you think that I'll talk to you?" Taeyeon replied.

"Because, you're Kim Taeyeon. You're my best friend. I know that I inflicted you pain but I also know that it's still you who I'm talking to right now." The tan explained with a wavering voice. Her knees are trembling in fear of losing her best friend. Jessica can't bare to see her lover in this situation. She stood up and held the tan's shoulders to support her.

"Taeyeon, please let her explain her side. We're not here to cause another yet of fight. Yuri just wanted to make up to you." Jessica calmly explained to the blonde. She knew that Taeyeon's heart is ice cold when it comes to her. But she at least hope that the blonde still have a little concern to her own best friend.

"And you have the guts to suggest that, Jessica?" Taeyeon aggressively stepped closer to them. At this moment, Tiffany finally recognize who is the girl with Yuri. It's Jessica. Taeyeon's ex. The one who caused pain to her lover.

Yoona just stood still on her place, not even stopping the blonde despite witnessing a sign of aggressiveness. Seohyun is sitting calmly at the couch. She knew that Taeyeon won't hurt them. The blonde may show them an aggressive way of stepping closer to them but she knew, Taeyeon is too kind to lay her hands on them. Sooyoung on the other hand chew the pizza on her hand in a flash after confirming who the two ladies are. She got it now why Yoona's expression changed instantly after she said where it came from.

"Taeyeon, I never meant to hurt you before. It wasn't me. I would never do that to you. And you know that. I am truly in love with you five years ago, Taeyeon." Jessica tried to explain but Tiffany snap at her.

"You love her? You wouldn't do that to her if you really do! You are the main reason why she had suffered a lot from the past! And now you're back to hurt her again using another one of her best friends? First you used Sunny. Now you're using Yuri!?" Tiffany can't control herself. She's so angry of the girl in front of her. She wasn't there when it happened but she understood how hard was it for Taeyeon. And for her, it's not fair that the blonde had to go through that. She lost everything.

"Enough, Tiffany! No one's using me here. This is my choice." Yuri didn't managed to hold herself and raised her voice at Tiffany. No one will talk to Jessica like that. No will talk to the love of her life in a rude way no matter how bad she was before.

"You dare to raise your voice on her." Taeyeon angrily spit the words then she pounced at Yuri. Luckily, Yoona is fast enough to catch her.

"Unnie, no. Calm down please." Yoona was surprised of how strong the blonde had become. Suddenly, she can't hold on to Taeyeon anymore. Thankfully, Sooyoung came running to help Yoona.

"I'm sorry, Tiffany. I didn't mean to raise my voice on you." Yuri apologize at the brunette. Tiffany was mad enough but seeing Yuri's tired face, the dark circles under her eyes and her pleading teary eyes melted the anger down. She suddenly felt that she was too much and it's not reasonable for her to speak like that when she haven't even heard their side at all. Maybe they are overlooking something. That thought woke her up.

She stared at Yuri. But this time, her eyes is full of genuine concern. Suddenly, she felt that they are being unfair to Yuri. And she felt bad for that.

"I understand. I'm sorry too." Tiffany sincerely apologized. Yuri couldn't be more grateful to hear that. She's so glad that Tiffany is kind enough. Suddenly, she have the urge to hug the brunette but she knew that if she did that, Taeyeon will be furious. After all, Tiffany meant a lot to her. She's her bottom line.