Chapter 22: Silver Lining

"You see everyone, this teenage kid standing in front of Mr. Hwang is not Taeyeon unnie." She said while pointing to the screenshots of CCTV. "It's me." She said that made everyone gasp in surprise.

"What do you mean it's you?" Jessica nervously asked.

"Chill, unnie. I didn't kill him. I was just saying that it was me standing few steps away from him. I was roaming the house that time, looking for Taeyeon unnie because she promised me to give her number once she came back to the poolside but I was too impatient to wait so I look for her instead." She explained naughtily.

"What number? I don't remember anything you say." Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows.

"Duh! Here, look at our faces." She placed an old picture of her and Taeyeon sitting at the poolside together with the Hwang's house as their background. The camera angle looks like it was taken from the other edge of the pool with the water and their background shown perfectly. Krystal is smiling happily on the picture while Taeyeon is just looking at the camera with a straight face.

"I am that kid who kept on talking to you despite the fact that you're not even talking at all." She said.

"Wait. I think I remember. You told me your name was Soo-jung right?" Taeyeon said in amazement.

"Yep. That's my korean name." Krystal winked.

"Take a look closely at the picture and the screenshot of CCTV. As you can see, the teenage girl that is standing few steps away from Mr. Hwang's dead body is wearing a hoodie. The hoodie is covering the woman's head. And the screenshots are blurry, making it seem like a hair. And look at the picture, Taeyeon unnie is wearing a black leather jacket and guess what folks? I'm the one who's wearing the black hoodie." Krystal told them like some kind of funny story teller on the nursery shows.

"And look! On the screenshot, the girl is wearing slippers whereas at the picture, Taeyeon unnie has a black boots beside her and beside me is the same adidas slippers that the girl on the CCTV is wearing." She said with a smile.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so happy!" Sooyoung covered her mouth and her eyes widening in mixture of surprise and joy.

"Krystal." Taeyeon called out. Her eyes are teary. She's very thankful that this woman showed up. Because if not, it will probably hard for them to solve this case.

"Don't cry, unnie. I'm doing this because I know it's the right thing to do. You don't need to thank me because on the first place, it's our father who put you in this situation. I'm just helping you clean your name and have the justice for Mr. Hwang's death because that's how it should be. And I'm so sorry if I just showed up now. I needed to gather everything up, including the courage to fight against my own father. Despite of him not treating me right like a father should do to his daughter, I must admit that I still love him. He's still my father. But the thing that happened in our family taught me to fight for the right. And so I'm here for that." Krystal held Taeyeon's hand while telling her these things. She wanted to assure the blonde that they have her to proof that she's innocent.

"About the murderer, is there a chance that it's Mr. Jung?" Yoona asked.

"A hundred percent, unnie. My father put the drugs on Mr. Hwang's drink and comforted him about his fight with Mr. Kim. And when Mr. Hwang is already having a hard time to breathe, my father laughed at him. He told him that he won. Their businesses are now all to him. He'll be rich and that his next target is Mr. Kim." She explained with a straight face.

"And if it's quite hard to believe, here's the flash drive that contains the video taken by the CCTV. On the near end of that video, you'll see me walking in and my father stepping at the very end of the corner of the room, making him disappear on the video." She placed the flash drive on top of the papers and smiled.