Chapter 21: The Key

Yoona came rushing to the hospital. She walk straight to the emergency room and roam around it to find Hyoyeon. She had reached the last patient laying on the bed but there's no signs of Hyoyeon in the emergency room.

Yoona immediately talked to the nurses and they told her that Hyoyeon is already in her room. After knowing the room's location, she rush to see her. She arrived and saw Dr. Park with a nurse, they are discussing something when she walked in.

"Good afternoon, doctor." Yoona bowed to the senior doctor. Dr. Park trained her before when she was still a trainee and the doctor have a lot of tactics and techniques that he can pull to make her learn a very valuable lesson that some are very useful to use on her daily life.

"Ah! There you are Dr. Im." He said with a wide smile after seeing his favorite former student.

"What happened to her? Is she okay?" She asked the man politely.

"Excuse me doctors, I will just leave you for a while." The nurse politely told the two doctors in that room knowing that they will have to talk to something confidential. Her work there is done too so there's no use for her to stay.

When the nurse had finally left them alone, Dr. Park smiled kindly to Yoona.

"She's fine. Lucky her to be alive and only get a minor injuries. Just a few scratches and a found bullet on her left leg which is believed to be shot before she enter the car." The man replied sympathetically.

"Someone tried to kill her." Yoona whispered. Taeyeon is right. Her speculation is correct.

"Don't worry. The police officers are already investigating about it. Anyway, she needs to stay here for seven to eight days. You already know this." He said.

"Yes, doctor. Most of the skin wounds heal within ten days. But even with proper treatment, a wound infection may occur. So she needed to stay here to let the assigned doctor check her wound daily for signs of infection." She replied professionally. And the man couldn't help but to smile proudly.

"Yoona, I need to talk to you about something." Yoona put her guards down after hearing her name. The senior doctor calls her by her name everytime he wanted to talk to her personally. He would always call her name to make her feel comfortable. And it never failed.

"Hyoyeon visited me before the incident happened. She's literally begging me to show her a death certificate from a very long time ago. And you know that I can't just show her that because of the hospital policy. Therefore, I rejected her." He explained calmly while watching Hyoyeon sleep.

"Death Certificate?" Yoona mumbled. She raised her head when she remembered Taeyeon's words before she left. "Hyoyeon unnie was here to convince you show her the death certificate of Mr. Hwang from a decade ago." She said.

"Indeed. I don't know why is she doing this. I can't just show her that."

"And when she can't convince you, she drive off the hospital? Was she shot on our parking lot or did she stopped somewhere?"

"The police officers are investigating right at this very moment, Yoona-ah." He replied.

"Is there a reason why is she doing this?" He asked the young lady.

Yoona stared at her, contemplating to tell the man despite the trust she have for him. At this point of their life, they can't just trust anyone easily. Because just one wrong move, they'll get their selves in danger.

The man saw the hesitation to Yoona's eyes and he completely understood. "It's okay, Yoona. Trust me."

"Remember I told you I don't have parents?" The man nod quickly to that. It's a topic that the young lady would always set aside and wouldn't even want to talk about.